Shall I keep this Prada Boston or go LV?

egg tarts

Dec 20, 2010
So I bought the Prada Vitello Daino Boston in the light grey in the sale for £550!! Since it's arrived, I've noticed the stitching alignment between the main body of the leather and one od the sides is slightly wonky. Should this be a sign that I should return it? :confused1:

It's a great colour but I'm wondering if I should get a LV Speedy instead (a bag I've wanted for a while but have put off because of the amount of fakes and the fact nearly everyone has it). It's a nice classic bag that I can carry for years to come. And I'm thinking it may be more durable? I'm not too sure how the Prada will wear, it's quite a soft calfskin. And I'm scared of colour transfer..

Anyone have any thoughts on this dilema? Thanks ladies!!

I'd keep the Prada. It looks lovely! I see a Speedy everywhere I go,too. I still like LV and plan to get one, but I myself prefer Prada. Enjoy your Prada! I wouldn't worry about a slight irregularity.

I usually don't get Prada but after seeing this bag maybe I'm changing my mind. I really like this bag and its so less common than the speedy.

Have you tried stuffing it, even a used LV speedy can get a bit slouchy if you dont stuff them.

arrora said:
I usually don't get Prada but after seeing this bag maybe I'm changing my mind. I really like this bag and its so less common than the speedy.

Have you tried stuffing it, even a used LV speedy can get a bit slouchy if you dont stuff them.

I often use my boston and noticed similar issues. My solution is to put my diary flat at the bottom of te bag, which gives a fuller shape to start with, and it often stays that way. I read somewhere in pf before some girls put a piece of cupboard at the bottom, similar principle and a cheap way to love the sagging issue. Hope this helps!

Yes, I say keep the Prada- it's beautiful, and I have never had a Prada that the quality ever failed me. You'll carry this happily for years. I love the Damier Speedy , but really you DO see them everywhere.

I'd much prefer the Prada over the Speedy. You could wear it with so much more.

But you noted numerous reasons not to keep it (wonky stitching, like other bag, color transfer, durability). I think you should listen to yourself and return it. Then wait for something (and something other than the Speedy) you really like.