Shady buyer, what should I do ?

ShopGirlNYC

ShopGirlNYC
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
I sold an item on ebay. It was a beautiful bag, in great condition. The buyer asked me to lower the price and send with free shipping, which I did. They bought it, didnt pay for a few days, then started asking me for more photos, saying that on the light it doesn't look the shade that they want. So I called ebay and asked to cancel transaction. Just then, the buyer paid, and transaction could not be canceled. So I send the bag, with insured shipping and SOD. Buyer sent me numerous emails that they did not receive, I called USPS, tracked it down ( even though I provided tracking info), I had USPS email me a letter that someone picked it up and signed for it. He finally had nothing to say and said he got it. What I found weird is that he didn't pick it up, apparently he is in another country and I find out that I mailed it to his brother, which is in US.
So now 2 months later... he emails me and says that a bag has a scratch on it, that dust bag is not new. ( When I listed an item, I noted, the bag was preowned in great condition). So now he is harassing me, saying that he will report me to ebay, and seek help. I said that I will refund his $ if he sends me a bag in the condition I send. And he has the nerve to say who will pay for shipping. I called ebay, they said that I am not obligated to refund $. He no longer has buyer protection from ebay and paypal. Now I am conflicted. I am not sure I want to refund, he sounds shady and the bag has been in his or his brother's possession for 2 months. I also don't feel comfortable accepting anything from him and especially from a different country. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I sold an item on ebay. It was a beautiful bag, in great condition. The buyer asked me to lower the price and send with free shipping, which I did. They bought it, didnt pay for a few days, then started asking me for more photos, saying that on the light it doesn't look the shade that they want. So I called ebay and asked to cancel transaction. Just then, the buyer paid, and transaction could not be canceled. So I send the bag, with insured shipping and SOD. Buyer sent me numerous emails that they did not receive, I called USPS, tracked it down ( even though I provided tracking info), I had USPS email me a letter that someone picked it up and signed for it. He finally had nothing to say and said he got it. What I found weird is that he didn't pick it up, apparently he is in another country and I find out that I mailed it to his brother, which is in US.
So now 2 months later... he emails me and says that a bag has a scratch on it, that dust bag is not new. ( When I listed an item, I noted, the bag was preowned in great condition). So now he is harassing me, saying that he will report me to ebay, and seek help. I said that I will refund his $ if he sends me a bag in the condition I send. And he has the nerve to say who will pay for shipping. I called ebay, they said that I am not obligated to refund $. He no longer has buyer protection from ebay and paypal. Now I am conflicted. I am not sure I want to refund, he sounds shady and the bag has been in his or his brother's possession for 2 months. I also don't feel comfortable accepting anything from him and especially from a different country. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If according to ebay he has no buyer protection from either ebay or pp,
would not refund. He is beyond the time frame that ebay would allow buyer
to open a SNAD. (45 days I think is the amount of time)

Be firm & hope this works out..

2 month! and you still think about giving him money back?? you are very nice person. But don't do it. This person acts really wrong. Did it take him 2 month to find a scratch?? probably because it didn't have any scratch then he received it! He cared it around for 2 month, it's really long time! This people should lean, they can't use bags and return them after months!. If you will do it for them, they will do the same again and again with another sellers! And if you can, can you please give his ID? I dont want such bayer around my bags!

He's probably reseller who thought he could move the bag for a profit and then did more research and realized he couldn't. If he continues to contact you, report him to eBay. Don't even consider a return/refund at this point.

OP, should you get any unpleasant e-mails, report them directly to ebay

You do not have to be subjected to that!!

+1. Shut this guy down. He has no leverage over you at this point other than feedback. He might file a chargeback but under the circumstances I doubt he would win such a claim.

If he suggests that you should comply or he'll leave you bad fb report him for feedback extortion. If he harasses you report him for that.

Don't bother with him, you are under no obligation to him whatsoever. Also, you were already SO helpful to this guy, and he sounded like a pia since day one. Who knows how the bag has been handled by now anyways, and if you did take it back for a full refund you could get a bag that isn't nearly in the condition that you sent it out in the first place. You don't need to deal with that. Ignore him. And add that guy to your BBL for sure, never deal with him again.

He's probably reseller who thought he could move the bag for a profit and then did more research and realized he couldn't. If he continues to contact you, report him to eBay. Don't even consider a return/refund at this point.

I agree with this too bad for this shady buyer! Just ignore and report!

LOVE your avitar! Sammy:smile: They are the best.

+1. Shut this guy down. He has no leverage over you at this point other than feedback. He might file a chargeback but under the circumstances I doubt he would win such a claim.

If he suggests that you should comply or he'll leave you bad fb report him for feedback extortion. If he harasses you report him for that.
Hasn't the window to leave feedback closed?