Shades of red: Vif vs. Vermillon vs. Garanche

1. Hey all,

There was a thread floating around that had the leather swatches pictured in it but I can't find it!

I've been looking for the perfect red for my agenda GM and I'm trying to decide whether I should hunt for a Rouge Vif or a Vermillon (in Chevre, what else), take a Vermillon in Veau Swift or wait for the new Garanche (which I have seen in Veau Miroir but didn't really love).

What do you think? Has anyone got pictures of/experience with red items in the leathers I'm speaking of?
    My SA says I should wait for Chevre in Garanche because I wouldn't get bored of it as I would from Vif or Vermillon. What do you think? I love reds with pink or blue undertones but don't like at all those with orange undertones.

I'm :upsidedown: here!! :lol:

2. Rouge Vif has more blue tones than Vermillion (orange tones) and Rouge Garanche (gold tones).

Rouge H in chevre is to die for!!!

3. Anything in chevre is TDF!!! I'm starting to think I made a bad mistake by ordering my JPG in Clemence.

4. La Van, would you say then that rouge garanche is more similar to rouge vermillion than to rouge vif ? and the pic of the Bolide you took in Milan, what red is that ? TIA:smile:

5. Hi Perja, if you love reds with pink tone, there is also an Hermes red shade known as frambois ! I've seen small items like agenda in frambois chevre which is gorgeous! My SA told me that this color has been around for a long time..it is not a new color.

6. OOOHHH that sounds delicious....:girlsigh:

7. Thanks gigi. I have seen Framboise but I didn't really love it enough right there and then to take it. Now that you mention it, it might be worth a second look.

8. LAvan you describing them all perfectly!

Chevre is to die for!!!

9. I would say that the rouge garanche is more similar to rouge vif. Vermillion to me has a really strong orange undertone and rouge garanche is not like that at all.

The one in Milan I think is also rouge garanche because it didn't quite fit rouge vif nor Vermillion, but it could always be the leather ... I don't remember which leather the Bolide in Milan was.

10. Can't tell you much about the colors, but as far as a bag in a leather other than chevre, I like having a little variety myself...so don't feel bad about another leather! As much as I love chevre, there's no camparison to the smell of togo...weird I know!

11. Perja, did you order a JPG clutch or JPG Birkin?

12. A JPG Birkin. Like the one Constance showed in the catalog thread. I just fell in love with shape/colour combo.

Now I'm fretting because I've seen the cutest little turquoise bolide 27 and wonder if that wouldn't have been a nicer bag to have in red. Oh indecisive bag obsession. :wtf:

13. It's tough when everything is so beautiful!! At least they don't make JPG bags in Chevre, so Clemence is the only choice right now and it will be gorgeous!
    I also love those little Bolides - I want one in fuchsia Chevre!

14. I tried it on with a pretty casual outfit (big Roxy skirt, petit bateau tshirt) and it looked so good.

15. If they make JPG in chevre, i would love to get one in fuchsia chevre~~ If they offer fuchsia in clemence, I'd be getting a JPG Birkin in fuchsia clemence too! I want my fuchsia fix~~

*That's 4 dimes right there

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice