shade or natural light? where to store your H bags?

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
I know there's been the age old debate on whether to store our lovely bags inside/outside the box... But for those who chose the latter, is it ok if they're not sleeping in the shade so to speak? I get TONS of natural light in my room but my bags are in their sleepers. Are they safe?

Mind you they're not in front of direct sunlight or windows but you get the general idea. TIA!

I'd imagine as long as they are in their sleeper, and right in there including handles, then they would be fine. My bag sleeps in her box with the bubbles inside and in the sleeper in my wardrobe

I keep all of my bags that are not in boxes in the shade - even with that, the LV vachetta still patinas in the dark. I would definitely keep the H covered :smile:

Pic courtesy of CDL. http://cgi.ebay.com/32-AUTHENTIC-HE...hZ010QQcategoryZ63852QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

lock_front.jpg

If you don't want this to happen, be careful! What a pity! I imagine this didn't happen in a day thou.

In their boxes?!? Are you sure? This whole time I've been keeping them out because I thought they couldn't "breath" otherwise.

The leather can breathe in the boxes (they are cardboard). Also, the acid-free tissue paper is used especially for storing your pieces (plus they have people at Hermes whose sole job is to create the tissue paper "pillows" that your bags rest on when in their boxes :smile:)

^ ok, now I must find the boxes. Thank goodness my DH is still sleeping. Only the pup has been giving me a quizical look, watching me move the purses, climb up and down the step ladder, etc.