SGH Work or another GSH City

sephira

Oct 22, 2009
Hi, I'm torn between a SGH Work and a GSH City. I already own a GSH City, but I've not tried on a SGH Work IRL, hence I need some opinion.

Is the GSH Work much much heavier than a GSH City? I find the weight of the GSH City acceptable-slightly heavy (depending what I carry in it). Does the GSH Work function well as a shopping/laptop bag? I actually prefer the colour available for the GSH Work, but I'm not sure about its size/weight. I'm around 5 feet tall btw.

2shai_

GGH Searching
Sep 25, 2008
NYC
I used to have an Electric Blue GSH Work but eventually sold it. I am also 5 ft tall and the weight of the work is lighter than a GH PT. It's pretty acceptable only if you don't overstuff it. I don't think it can really work as a laptop bag as it can get a bit heavy, but it seems alright for a shopping bag. When I wore it to class one day I felt like I was lugging around extra weight and it was hard to conveniently carry it around trying to figure out whether you want to wear it by the crook of the arm or the shoulder. It's quite difficult to wear it during the winter time over coats IMO. As for the size I thought it got a bit overwhelming on my frame, but some other petite girls can pull off this bag on this forum. But for me big bags don't tend to go well with me as I don't carry much in my bags (if i'm not at school). After selling it I don't think I would purchase this style again especially for someone as petite as I am.

IMO, I would go with the GSH city, but I recommend you to go to the store first to try on the GSH work and see how it compares to a city. Hope this helps.

sephira

Oct 22, 2009
Thanks 2shai. I bought the GSH City in the end, as the size is just right. I actually use my existing City a lot. I've a bag which is around the same size as the Work, and I hardly use it (unless I have loads to carry). Thanks for your helpful response.