SF Chanel Boutique Experience... not a good one :(

toyotacamly

Oct 10, 2009
Hi All,

I am new to the TPF, but have already found it to be a wonderful full of awesome info, and a please where i can share my crazy love beautiful purses. I am a collector of chanel purses, in particular anything with camellias on them bc that's my name. Oh what my mom got herself into when she named me that. hehehe

Anyways, here's my question/vent/needing some consoling.

i live abroad and called the chanel boutique in SF looking for the camellia embossed lambskin wallet on chain. Taiwan only had 3 in the whole country! which of course sold out quickly. SF had it and so i had my sister go out buy it to me and bring it back here. I get it and I AM SO SAD! the back side is ripple! kinda like how cardboard gets when it gets wet and dries... i bring it to the chanel boutique here in taiwan, and they tell me this should never have been sold to me....my sister checked it but she isn't into purses (GASP.. i know shocking) so she didn't know what she was looking for. the sales girl should have known!

I AM SO SAD! and seriously pissed off.. how could the SF boutique even let someone buy this and let them walk out the door!!!! The girls here in the taiwan store are being soooo helpful and really trying to make up for the mistake the SF store did. but i am just so shocked, bc you believe in the standards that are set for a fashion house of Chanel's caliber...

siiigh .. sorry for the long post but i just really had to let that out. i'm quite broken hearted because i have been waiting for this purse for awhile now.

this is the third bad experience i have had at chanel stores in the US.... i do have to say that internationally i feel there are higher standards and much better customer service. (don't even get me started about the NYC store... they almost ruined me white camellia earrings)

^ITA. For those prices you should get the royal treatment. If your experience is that Chanel stores outside the U.S. live up to a higher standard, I would stick with them. :yes:

i am torn!!!

So my options that i know of are these:

1.) Send the WOC back to california and have my sister return it for a refund or an exchange (but honestly I don't quite trust them anymore)

2.) The taiwan flagship will let me exchange it in their boutique there for the same value... really this store has been soooooo nice, they feel awful this had happened.

What I really want to do is have the US store send a replacement to the taiwan flagship boutique. I feel more comfortable working with the girls here because they have been so helpful and nice. And at least I can then check woc myself you know?

i called the SF store and corporate, and complained (which i hardly ever do, i hate complaining unless its to girlfriends. haha) but still i couldn't except any excuse they gave me. they will get back to me if they can send it to me here and do the exchange through the store here. i really hope so.

^ITA. For those prices you should get the royal treatment. If your experience is that Chanel stores outside the U.S. live up to a higher standard, I would stick with them. :yes:

I KNOW! i will stay with the stores internationally from now on.. the little bit in difference due to currency exchange/import taxes, etc ... its all worth it if the customer service is really good. the international stores really pride themselves in service and their knowledge of the product.

like when i went to the NYC store, i wore my white agate camellia earrings.. i was told by the girls in taiwan not to clean it with any colored cloth bc it will stain the stone and to put the earring on after you have put on your perfume. i go into the NYC store, looking around, and ask them to if they could give my earrings a little shining.. the girl almost used a red cloth on them! i had to jump at her and tell her not to use it! i was so scared...

i have learned my lesson :P

Last edited:
There is one sales lady in the NYC store (she's the older japanese woman) and she is the WORST - always!! Not helpful and very belligerent if you don't instantly decide to buy. I avoid her like the plague and have complained about her. I've watched her p*ss off every customer that she's servicing numerous times. She's anti-CS.

Surprised that Chanel didn't catch this before it was sold.

Is it possible for them to replace with another from a Chanel boutique.

They should be bending over backwards to please and satisfy you for their oversight.

i feel bad that happened to you. That's why I don't purchase internationally. I have been to the Chanel SF boutique and I don't like any of the SA there. I hope you will find a replacement really soon.

i feel bad that happened to you. That's why I don't purchase internationally. I have been to the Chanel SF boutique and I don't like any of the SA there. I hope you will find a replacement really soon.

thanks all for your sweet words.. its nice to know i am not crazy for feeling this way. hahaha

i can get a replacement in the US because there are still a couple wallets left, but honestly i just don't want to deal with the SA people in the SF boutique.

the SA girls in Taiwan are allowing me to do an exchange at their store, but sadly they don't have the same wallet :sad: .. buut they are willing to let me have store credit until i find something else there the i love or if the wallet comes again. i'm so thankful for them.

so if anyone is ever in Taiwan, and if you are in Kaohsiung and go to the Chanel boutique, ask for Angela or Luby :smile: they are just the best. or Taipei Xinyi store as for Sammi or Echo

LVgirl888 where are you from? I had a good experience with the SA in Macau, they were really helpful.

I have been to the boutique in S.F. Serious attitude problems. If I were to buy a new Chanel, I would go to NM where the sales people are very pleasant and helpful. Good luck on your exchange!