sewing challenged

NELLYBEAN

May 15, 2007
so i like to try and save money by sometimes making my own totes or bags. and today i finishes my new creation. i think it came out ok. i am the worst at using a sewing machine though. But i have the cutest bf ever and he helped me with his junior high home ec skills :love:

what do you guys think??

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3085-1.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

yeah thats a good idea. i bought the materials for this tote months ago it was supossed to be my "spring" time purse lol i hope i dont lag on this next one.

oooooooo i can make like a beach tote to put like sandles, sun screen and snacks and stuff in it.

hmmm:beach:

Bravo!! You did a beautiful job! I am so impressed when anyone takes it upon themselves to sew anymore!
Keep it up and you will save yourself so much $!!
I'm not particularly skilled with a machine, but I certainly know the basics. ( it has come in very handy at times)
Your bag is lovely!

That is adorable! The first thing I thought of was "new moms", prolly because all my sisters and sisters-in-law seem to be having babies constantly. I make baby quilts for them but I bet they would love a handmade bag too! There is a really cute line of fabrics called "Aunt Gracie" by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Brothers you should check out. They are 1930's-reproduction fabrics in lots of bright colors and cute designs and they'd make really sweet bags. Just a thought!