Sewing a Gucci Disco inspired bag. Crazy or, okay, there is no opposite. It's just crazy.

Nov 29, 2016
Here we go.

I've acquired a rather nice piece of box leather. It's kind of a burnt orange, it's a half hide, and it feels amazing. It's about 24 in x 60 in. I've been told it was from the Louis Vuitton rejected pieces from a couple of seasons back.

I'm not the greatest sewest, but I am looking for something fun to do with this hide. I'm thinking Hermes Kelly or Gucci Soho Disco inspired. I have no idea if it would even work for a Disco because it is so buttery soft.

Too buttery soft...1st world problem.

Does anyone have any ideas---well in general. So many of you are so creative, I would like to hear any ideas you have--but back to my original idea, does anyone know of a pattern that is very close to the Disco? I think that is the perfect size crossbody.

Thanks for anything you can offer!

Reactions: gelbergirl
Jul 31, 2020
I recently made a few everyday totes from extra leather hides I had in my fabric stash but didn't think about trying to make a crossbody bag. Please share a picture of your final result, I'd love to see what you come up with. :smile: