Seven (for all manking) -- still buying?

7FAM never fit me well. Weird huh? I was devastated when I found out- especially since this was when they were all the rage and oh so popular. Thankfully, I've slowly learned over the years that I can't always wear what's the most popular.

So yeah, never bought 7FAM but I would've still bought them to this day if they fit me like they fit some of my friends! I swear- I've never seen light wash jeans look so gorgeous like 7FAM! (and this is a lot coming from since I swear by dark denim).

MandM said:
I was actually thinking though, that designers at Joe's Jeans, J brand, True religion and Paige might be doing a bit more than 7FAM to keep up to date and innovative.

i think that's true as well. they seem to come out with different cuts every season, whereas it seems sevens just change the pockets. however those brands tend to fit "straighter" i think. i'm curvy. it's a bad combonation. i so wish paiges would fit me, b/c they look amazing on most people.

that's kind of why i think so many brands of jeans have cropped up. gap/abercrombie/old navy/BR/victoria secret/express ALL fit very similarly because they're made by the same parent company...no two brands of designer denim fit the same person the same way.

so you can see why now that i've found my denim fit, i hope they don't stop making them or change them too drastically. :wlae:

i love my 7FAM. I don't think that they're "over", but maybe just an "overload" of designer denim.

my boyfriend suggested having just one pair of jeans and several re-attachable pockets, since it seems as though the fit doesn't change but just the style on the pocket. he's silly.

^ imo the fit has been changing. the renovations to their classic stuff (a-pockets, bootcuts, flynts) seem to fit bigger than the older stuff.

I got the new crystal A-pockets that came out awhile ago and they were at least 2 sizes big! Same with the crystal Flynts (the yellow and pink), at least one size big. And the new argyle bootcuts run big too.

I love how they fit, but I buy LOTS of jeans, so I'd pay full IF they really were well-fitted. Jeans, dresses, you name it-- fashion is what you make of it to express yourself :smile: Currently I'm into leggings cuz I feel more free wearing them than thick denim. Fall shall bring a new fetish, you'll see :smile:

I went to Nordstrom Rack and bought a pair of Seven A pocket 23s. It's the first pair of Sevens for me. It's also the first time I've seen size 23 jeans, I usually buy 24 but even then it's still a little loose on me.

I was never really into sevens, but this summer I bought a pair of roxys in this cool slate blue at a bloomie's sale. I love them, wear them all the time, and plan on wearing them into fall. I don't know if I'll be hunting down sevens any time soon, but if I happen to find a good fit, I'll definitely nab it.

i don't think there is an "it" brand of denim anymore. that was very 4 years ago :P

i think now, people like premium denim, but they buy what fits them best, whether that be TR, 7's, Paige, Joes, gap, whatever. It's all about fit and personal style.

^^^good point. SAs at different stores are still trying to sell me on various "it" brands...but there are so many choices now that it doesn't really matter. I just got a pair of Collette's -- straightleg, but not skinny -- and really like them.

kattiepie said:
7FAM never fit me well. Weird huh? I was devastated when I found out- especially since this was when they were all the rage and oh so popular. Thankfully, I've slowly learned over the years that I can't always wear what's the most popular.

So yeah, never bought 7FAM but I would've still bought them to this day if they fit me like they fit some of my friends! I swear- I've never seen light wash jeans look so gorgeous like 7FAM! (and this is a lot coming from since I swear by dark denim).

Agreed! I was dying to get a pair, and I find that they are tight on my butt and big on my waist, and they are also a high rise on my petitie body.

satine112 said:
i don't think there is an "it" brand of denim anymore. that was very 4 years ago :P

i think now, people like premium denim, but they buy what fits them best, whether that be TR, 7's, Paige, Joes, gap, whatever. It's all about fit and personal style.

Totally agree!