Seung-hyun Kang, of Korea, Named Fords New Supermodel Of The World

I dont think some of you understand that to be in the high fashion model business, you are not expected to look playboy bunny gorgeous!!

Although the fashion industry has problems with body images, they are not discriminate in the face. In fact, thats the money maker!!

so if you want to see a woman with bottle blond hair, dark eyes and neon pink lips, then maybe Playboy and Maxim magazines is your definiteion of beauty.

Seung-hyun is a very beautiful woman IMO and I look forward to seeing her in my favorite high gloss magazines!!

and for those saying she looks so young.

hello? the fashion industry is OBSESSED with youth and innocent looks! why do you think all these older women are botoxing their faces? they dont have leather faces on purpose!! LOL

I like her look quite a bit actually... She's young and doesn't have the experience of the seasoned models yet... but I think she's got great insensity... and has the "girl next door" thing sewed up!

Seung-hyunKang.jpg

^^ in fairness... i picked pics of her that i liked... i guess i like the ones with the "i could kick your you-know-what expression" same expression... :roflmfao:

wow i was surprised too...i think she is plain, but hey score one for the asians! ...was this competition filmed into a show? it would be fun to watch! kinda getting sick of ANTM girls =p

I think this a better photo of her looking modelesque.

KOREA-10e.jpg

I can see why people would put her down for not being "pretty" enough. But this is fashion modeling, not Victoria's Secret modeling. Criteria for being a good fashion model is different from being a Cindy Crawford style model. I think she definitely has potential. She's a little plain but she has a unique look and it's very refreshing. I think she'll be very versatile and she's kind of a blank slate so she can pull off lots of looks.

It's really nice to see more asian models. The only other successful ones I can think of are Du Juan and Hye Park. Two successful working asian models is not enough to represent such a large population of people.
I agree, maybe in fashion modeling you don't need to look "hot" like a Victoria's Secret model, but just be able to pull off wearing designer clothes and colorful makeup. With photo editing technology, I'm sure people can make any plain jane beautiful.

Is it me or does she have single eyelids? :nuts: If so, cool that that is being accepted as beautiful!

I agree! The American standard of "beauty" is so incredibly narrow, and it is infecting the idea of beauty around the world. Women are undergoing surgical procedures at increasing rates to achieve a cookie-cutter standard of beauty that I don't even find beautiful. Bravo for someone breaking the mold; I think SHE is beautiful!

Is it me or does she have single eyelids? :nuts: If so, cool that that is being accepted as beautiful!

Yeah I was shocked to see this~ but I guess it makes sense if she was picked out as the top model by westerners. Westerners find the Asian monolid more exotic and beautiful than Asians themselves!! I think Asian agencies would prefer models with a noticeable double-fold.