Seung-hyun Kang, of Korea, Named Fords New Supermodel Of The World

She looks soooo young! She's not necessarily the cutest Asian girl I've seen, but she definitely confirms to the Western ideal of how a hot Asian model should look.

I think she def has potential to be successful :yes:

Based on her competition I do think she deserves to win. If she's average the others were even more average. I do agree that she isn't stunning but the blank canvas factor is defintely something she has going for her and that's what designers want. And yes, that title is way over the top! LOL!

She is definitely a blank canvas that designers can work with. I just feel like she is lacking the "wow", "edgy" factors or personality in her photo portofolio and presence. The most personality I got from her was the one of her smiling on the red carpet. At least she is conveying her happiness there. In her photo, she just looks blank and I can't get a sense of emotion from her, making her look like a mannequin not a supermodel. It probably because she is so young, but I can see potentials in her. She will probably get better. With that said, I think the other winners also have the same problem, at least based on the photos on Fords tv.

This may sound really shocking but a model doesn't need to be pretty or beautiful in the traditional sense of pretty/beautifull. In fact most modelling agencies consider pretty girls commercial and boring and not worth signing.

^^ I agree to an extent. When you see famous models with no makeup on and just acting normal, you'd NEVER give them a second look because they are so plain. But with makeup on, they are VERY striking. The ones that don't improve much even with makeup on are called, "editorial" models, I believe. They just have a strong look -- or no look at all -- that speaks for itself. Maybe Seung-hyun falls into the editorial category?

how tall is she.. she is listed as 5-10 but seems to have an inch or two over Chanel Iman --who is listed as 5-9.
l_721e51f0d2814685ff6390960fcf7b3a.jpg

l_721e51f0d2814685ff6390960fcf7b3a.jpg
my.php

eh shes okay but there are cuter asian models. i guess i do understand that supermodels dont usually have the face but she doesnt really seem to have any wow or special quality that sets her apart.

I've worked backstage of fashion shows before and I've seen a LOT of beautiful and yet forgettable faces. Making it in HIGH FASHION modelling requires a certain je ne sais quoi and I think she has it! She certainly has the build for it...and a blank canvas which can change from punk to innocent girly.

I'm saying this from a makeup artist's perspective. I've done makeup on pretty girls before and they really can't carry off certain looks. Remeber Shandi from ANTM? SHE had a great look that could hold a lot of makeup. Miranda Kerr or Marissa Miller? Not so much. They're both beautiful but in a different way.

I'm really proud that she won! I'd love to work with Du Juan some day...I've worked with Emma Pei before and she's great IRL. She's more 'pretty' but also a great model too.