setting powder

I like the Nars light reflecting powder, hourglass ambient powder, MAC mineralized skinfinish natural and Bobbi brown sheer finish loose powder. I like a mix of pressed and loose as well as light reflecting and matte depending on what look I'm going for that day.

I tend to go for MAC Mineralize Skinfinish to top off my foundation. It lets me get away with wearing foundations that aren't my color anymore(but don't want to waste).

I do have MUFE Microfinish but I find it gives you white face when the camera flashes. It's probably from the silicone. But you can make it work if you use the teeniest amount, but I'm usually in a rush and I can't be bothered to pat and press the powder on my face so Mineralize works for me cuz I just take a fluffy brush and run it all over.

I like a really matte finish, and I live in a hot, humid climate. I use a very tiny amount of silica powder buffed in, topped with a "regular" powder.

For the silica powder, I have used and like: NYX Studio Finish HD powder, MUFE HD loose powder, and NARS Crystal setting powder. I sometimes even use the ELF Studio HD powder. Honestly they're all the exact same thing, just finely milled silica. I use a tiny amount, and buff it in very well with a brush. I never have any issues in photos, and it helps to set my makeup and keep me matte better than just a "regular" setting powder.

On top of that I typically use either Rimmel Stay Matte (this keeps me matte better than anything I've found), MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, or sometimes a random other powder like L'Oreal Translucide (which is a lighter weight powder) or Coty Airspun.

I love MAC's prime + prep loose translucent powder. It seems to do the best job keeping my oily skin matte and foundation long lasting.

I've tried Nars, Tarte, It Cometics, Laura Geller translucent powders as well but MAC's has been my favorite.