service at cartier

marcxjacobs

Nov 2, 2012
Hello,

I was at Cartier (Hawaii - Ala Moana location) the other day trying on the Juste Un Clou in YG just deciding the size to get. I had an appointment set up and the SA offered me a drink but did not say champagne, and when I asked she told me they don't have any. I am confused because they make their own champagne and it is Cartier after all. I've seen pictures on Instragram of people always getting champagne service and even free bottles after a purchase. What do newlyweds drink when they show up? Does she not think I'm going to buy or am not serious? I set up an appointment...

I told her I'm going to buy on Saturday and I told her that I was hoping to try a glass (at least) as I am not someone who can buy these things on a regular basis (not to mention the store looks AWFUL - deep scratches all over the glass, broken A/C, and extremely loud noise from the construction next door). She told me something like she would ask her manager or something to provide one. What the hell does that mean? You would assume their service would be to the max but instead I felt it was rather lukewarm and not the most genuine. Maybe I should just go to the Waikiki location.

Could this be true that they don't have it? It's not just about the champagne but I feel like she lied to me. Not to mention I'm spending over $7,000. That's what I'm not liking about this.

My assumption is that they break that out after the purchase. If you aren't happy with that location though, I'd go to Waikiki. They might not be 100% stocked because they might be under construction of a new store.

Some Cartier boutiques just have better service than others: my parents got me a trinity ring for my 30th birthday and received a bottle of champagne to celebrate, my bf bought me a love bracelet in Zurich for my birthday and got nothing. Sometimes you receive heart shaped chocolates during your visit to the boutique, sometimes you don't. Its not something I find important but if you're not happy, try to shop at another cartier boutique?

Each Cartier boutique is different. Unfortunately, the treatment is based on how likeable you are to that SA. Some send out flowers after your visit.. Others send cakes on your birthday. Others give out Chinese New Years red envelopes if you are Chinese. Some break out a new champagne. Others send out perfumes or a unique token of some sort. Some SAs are thoughtful and provide gel cleaners and polishing cloths without you having to ask. Some even bring up their free appraisals for new purchases. No guarantee you can get these...some happen for their first visit..for others not at all...and for others after many purchases.

You have to like the sales person though! You are paying them commission and helping him or her hit their quota. So pick that right sales person based on how happy you feel with his / her service. But the "giveaways" are not consistent.

Actually, some SAs will bring up the fact that they sell a lot of JUCs and Loves to new one-time customers and both JUCs and Loves are mass produced. I can't imagine that all of these new customers will get a champagne bottle unless the SA finds that particular customer special.

I am picking up my Love bracelet on monday, I am buying it with a SA who helped me when I first started looking almost a year ago, I saved her card and when I called she was very thankful that I looked for but now I want a bottle of Champagne. What else can I get??:lol:

I'd just hint that some bubbly would be nice and also emphasize that it's a celebration, perhaps. I think subtle always works better, especially if you want to build a longer term relationship.

My assumption is that they break that out after the purchase. If you aren't happy with that location though, I'd go to Waikiki. They might not be 100% stocked because they might be under construction of a new store.
Thank you all for your responses. I did it subtly at first, but she lied to me telling me that she did not have.

I mentioned it again as I left after I got the right size on hold, and she almost giggled? I was kind of taken aback as I found that a bit offensive.

I emailed her today and she told me that it is generally for couples looking for engagement rings ONLY. But that she will "do her best" to get me one. That is not a good answer in my opinion. I don't care if it's a JUC or a Love, money talks.

Thank you guys for letting me know it depends on the person. I am not looking for anything long term with this person or this store as I plan to move to California. I certainly do not think I could see myself in the long term with this person regardless. The store is in really bad shape and I found myself very uncomfortable in its less than acceptable state and the fact that they aren't making up for it in top notch service for an EASY sale of 7k doesn't sit well with me. Anyway, I am willing to see her again tomorrow with every intention to buy but if I do not receive one then I will gladly head to Waikiki.

Thank you all for your responses. I did it subtly at first, but she lied to me telling me that she did not have.

I mentioned it again as I left after I got the right size on hold, and she almost giggled? I was kind of taken aback as I found that a bit offensive.

I emailed her today and she told me that it is generally for couples looking for engagement rings ONLY. But that she will "do her best" to get me one. That is not a good answer in my opinion. I don't care if it's a JUC or a Love, money talks.

Thank you guys for letting me know it depends on the person. I am not looking for anything long term with this person or this store as I plan to move to California. I certainly do not think I could see myself in the long term with this person regardless. The store is in really bad shape and I found myself very uncomfortable in its less than acceptable state and the fact that they aren't making up for it in top notch service for an EASY sale of 7k doesn't sit well with me. Anyway, I am willing to see her again tomorrow with every intention to buy but if I do not receive one then I will gladly head to Waikiki.

Hey Marcxjacobs, I know we messages each other before. Who was the SA that helped you?! I can call an ask my SA to personally help you! Although, i can't guarantee anything. I know when I purchased my love an JUC I was given a bottle of champagne but it was on my bday. So my SA was kind enough to assist me. Hope that helps. Ttyl

It sounds as if the champagne is offered for a celebratory occasion. Certainly they aren't going to offer a bottle to every customer.
Cartier made my engagement ring and wedding band bespoke.
I certainly didn't march in expecting anything more than great service and these pieces cost significantly more than a JUC.
Perhaps you should just try your luck at the other boutique.

If it bothers you that much that it ruins your shopping experience then I would suggest you going to another store.

We have only one store close to my town and every time I had been there I felt very welcome and treated well.
They offered something to drink every time, not sure if I could have had champagne, I did never ask for it.
My friend and I visited the boutique a few weeks ago when I wanted to try the cuff and the SA offered us drinks and then also brought nice finger food. He was so charming, helpful and it was fun to chat with him and try the jewelry.
I am really looking forward to buying my JUC or Love (if I am ever ready to make up my mind in this life) and hope he or the SA who has already sold me my JUC ring is around and this is how you should feel once you buy such a piece.
My best friend will be going with me once I buy it and if we get champagne then this would certainly make it an even better experience, however if not, then I won´t feel deprived in any way.

Hey Marcxjacobs, I know we messages each other before. Who was the SA that helped you?! I can call an ask my SA to personally help you! Although, i can't guarantee anything. I know when I purchased my love an JUC I was given a bottle of champagne but it was on my bday. So my SA was kind enough to assist me. Hope that helps. Ttyl
Thank you for more comments everyone. Yeah if the service was great I guess I can't say anything, but it wasn't. 808AsianGuy her name began with an E. I don't mean to make a fuss and if they gave me a glass it would've been nice but for a customer who's buying more than a ring and who desires a bottle I find it strange that they can't accomodate or make up a story of celebration. I would do that for my customers (at my high-end boutique) and we have champagne service as well and you don't even have to spend anywhere near this amount.

You can't possibly be this consumed with getting a $10 glass of sparkling, are you?? Get your bangle and head to a wine bar for a celebratory drink.

This.

They also sell those bottles at Costco for a very decent price.

Come to think of it, I agree with the other comment above. I do remember being offered a drink (flat or sparkly water) but not a glass of champagne. It's a car dealers' trick: offer something to the customer (a glass or bottle of water) to make them feel obligated to buy in return.

I don't think the store wants to encourage you to drink alcohol and drive afterwards too if you walk into the boutique by yourself. Perhaps that is why she giggled thinking she was dealing with an alcoholic (not that you are one of course).

Good luck with the next SA!

Last edited: