Serum for youthful skin?

ByeKitty

Literally amazing!
May 8, 2010
I'm really curious to try using a serum on my skin during the cold West-European winter, but most serums seem to be made for people that are a little older than me (I'm 21), saying things like "anti-aging".

Does anyone have any suggestions of serums for young skin? I'm a student, so I sadly can't afford the super high-end skin care lines...

Dior Hydralife makes serum for young skin, but not sure if that is out of your price range. It's still a lot less than other high end serums, though.
It might be out of my price range, but I'm willing to splurge sometimes when it's something I really want! :lol: Do you have any idea on the price?

It might be out of my price range, but I'm willing to splurge sometimes when it's something I really want! :lol: Do you have any idea on the price?

Hi, no, I do not know how much it goes for in Europe, but check on Sephora, they sell it there, too. I am in the US. It's approx. $73 here, by the way.

My other suggestion is to use a nice vitamin rich oil on your skin such as Argan Oil or Sea Buckthorn oil. These are more affordable and really do well at hydrating the skin and adding antioxidants. I've used both kinds, currently using Argan Oil. I would use it at night, though, and not during the day since it may not keep makeup on too well. I use a regular SPF moisturizer during the day.

Also this new one from Clarins is hydrating and $58.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P201428&categoryId=B70

Hi, no, I do not know how much it goes for in Europe, but check on Sephora, they sell it there, too. I am in the US. It's approx. $73 here, by the way.

My other suggestion is to use a nice vitamin rich oil on your skin such as Argan Oil or Sea Buckthorn oil. These are more affordable and really do well at hydrating the skin and adding antioxidants. I've used both kinds, currently using Argan Oil. I would use it at night, though, and not during the day since it may not keep makeup on too well. I use a regular SPF moisturizer during the day.

Also this new one from Clarins is hydrating and $58.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P201428&categoryId=B70
Thanks for the tips! I moisturize twice a day, and cleanse once a day.
The oils you mentioned sound interesting, but would it be too oily for my combination skin and maybe even create zits?

Because you are young and don't need an anti-aging product, you may need something more lightweight and instead of rich. (unless your skin is very dry!) I like Aveeno products, such as Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with 15 spf. It will keep you hydrated and includes important spf which will keep the skin more youthful over time. It's very affordable too, I recommend the Aveeno line.

Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee line - aimed at 21-45.
Avene Ystheal+ line - aimed at 25-35 years, I believe.

I actually really like the Ystheal+ eye contour cream (it's a retinoid, so you'll have to start slowly and build up - I still only use it every 3 days.). I also really like the Caudalie serum, but the Bioderma Hydrabio Hydrating Serum is a bit cheaper, and very nice if you have drier skin.