Seriously tempted to buy my first LV, I love Demier Azur. Should I get Speedy B in 25

Aug 4, 2013
Hi Ladies (and Gentlemen) please help :help: :smile:
I am very seriously considering buying my first LV and love the look of the Speedy 25 B in DA.
I don't carry an excessive amount of stuff every day, just purse, iPhone, cosmetic bag, keys, sunglasses and perfume. I do like to keep my bag contents neatly organised anyway so I don't foresee any real problems.
I am a teeny tiny 4'10" so I prefer smaller, cuter bags. My only concern is of it's size as occasionally I'll want to carry my iPad.
Any thoughts, tips, personal experiences of using the Speedy B in either size (and also the DA canvas) would be really appreciated as I am a LV virgin :giggles:
Thanks in advance :flowers:

If you are looking to carry a regular iPad or and air I would go Speedy 30. You are only 4'10 though my moms height so the Artsy would swallow you. Go in an take a look at some bags and do some comparing. Take everything you would normally carry in a bag so you can try them out.

Congratulations on your almost first LV!

Be Blessed MoNikki

Thanks for the replies :smile:
The problem is there aren't any LV stores in N. Ireland so I can't try them out beforehand & I'd be buying it online from the official LV website. The SpeedyB is the bag that I'm so interested in as it ticks all my boxes.
Room for an iPad isn't a deal breaker though so I'm still undecided :lol:
My heart says 25 and my head says 30 :biggrin:

I am very seriously considering buying my first LV and love the look of the Speedy 25 B in DA.
I don't carry an excessive amount of stuff every day, just purse, iPhone, cosmetic bag, keys, sunglasses and perfume. I do like to keep my bag contents neatly organised anyway so I don't foresee any real problems.
I am a teeny tiny 4'10" so I prefer smaller, cuter bags. My only concern is of it's size as occasionally I'll want to carry my iPad.
Any thoughts, tips, personal experiences of using the Speedy B in either size (and also the DA canvas) would be really appreciated as I am a LV virgin :giggles:
I got the Speedy 25 B in DA for Mother's Day (mid May in the US) and I absolutely adore it. You can actually carry way more than you may think in it. I carry a DA Cosmetic Bag (PM size), a DA Zippy Wallet (a full size wallet!), a DA Cles, a Tom Ford sunglasses case (it's rather large), an iPhone, a pen/pencil case, and a compact umbrella. I could easily add a compact digial camera or my Kindle as needed. I'm 5'2" and actually can't imagine a larger Speedy on my small frame. I tried the bag on before I purchased it and tested out what it could hold. I already had a DA Totally MM and now prefer the Speedy 25 B - it is going on our next European vacation this summer.

Please just be aware of transfer issues with Azur. Azur is gorgeous but transfer is a real issue if you're going to carry the bag crossbody. If you're only going to use it handheld you're fine or if you only wear light colors. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, just trying to make sure you're going into it with eyes wide open. I also would like an azur bag for my next bag but this what is holding me back.

With regard to color transfer with Azur, just NEVER wear it with new, unwashed jeans - especially in a dark wash. And if you are wearing something dark and/or bright that is dry clean only (in other words, something that has a potential for unstable dye), I would also avoid carrying the Speedy B or used it handheld with caution. I would say carrying it with anything that has been washed is pretty darn safe. I had my Totally for three years before I got my Speedy B and really had no issue whatsoever.

Thanks for the great advice :flowers:
I won't be wearing it with dark (unwashed) clothing as I already have a chocolate colour Mulberry bag that I use in the winter when I'm wearing my black (dry clean only) coat. I don't tend to wear jeans anyway so that won't be a problem. I am very careful with my existing bags and I intend to use this mostly in the spring/summer when I'm wearing lighter colours and no dark coats.

The cute little bag in my profile pic is also prone to colour transfer as she is denim so I baby her, I baby all my bags to be honest and use a handbag hook when I'm out. Hopefully there will not be any colour transfer disasters (knock on wood) if I treat the DA canvas with the same care :biggrin:
I have to wait impatiently till the money I've requested gets transferred from one account into another that I can buy online from.
If (but certainly when) I get this little beauty I will do a reveal :woot:

I got the Speedy 25 B in DA for Mother's Day (mid May in the US) and I absolutely adore it. You can actually carry way more than you may think in it. I carry a DA Cosmetic Bag (PM size), a DA Zippy Wallet (a full size wallet!), a DA Cles, a Tom Ford sunglasses case (it's rather large), an iPhone, a pen/pencil case, and a compact umbrella. I could easily add a compact digial camera or my Kindle as needed. I'm 5'2" and actually can't imagine a larger Speedy on my small frame. I tried the bag on before I purchased it and tested out what it could hold. I already had a DA Totally MM and now prefer the Speedy 25 B - it is going on our next European vacation this summer.

That's great to know, thank you :smile:

Of all the sizes of the speedy b I think the 25 looks the best. Not everyone can pull off the size though. I think you should go for it, sounds like the perfect fit. Worst case is that you have to return it. The iPad may be a tight squeeze, not necessarily because it won't fit in the bag just that it will be hard to get in/out of the opening. Guess that's a reason to put the iPad mini on your list! :biggrin:

I've recently bought my first LV too. I got the speedy 30 in Azur and I love it, the Azur is so beautiful. Only problem I've found is the rain. I live in Wales and hate the fact I can't take it out in the rain. Think I'm also going to get the speedy b in ebene to solve this. It's a pain not having an LV near though isn't it! Good luck with your purchase.

I had both a Speedy 25 and 30. I found the 30 too large for my 4" 11" frame. I gave it to my grand daughter, and it gives me much pleasure to see her enjoying it.

I initially intended to get my Speedy B25 in Damier Ebene, but am glad I chose the Azure. It is a beautiful, functional, classy bag and more importantly, it makes me happy.

I believe in buying only what makes you happy.