SERIOUSLY!! How can I get my nails to grow!

Jun 3, 2006
I want beautiful nails...but...my nails either never grow...or grow and break...what do you put on your nails to help them grow and stay strong...I don't even know where to start and looking for suggestions! Thanks!!!

I file my nails 3 or 4 times a week, just a tiny bit to help keep the edges smooth. It can help prevent cracks and chipping, I also keep them painted. Most of the time I just use a clear nail polish, OPI nail envy with seche vite top coat. Also using a cuticle conditioner is really important to help keep the cuticles and nails healthy. I like Avoplex from OPI and bath and body works cuticle treatment.

Keep your nails neat and filed, as mentioned above. I had acrylic nails for months and when I removed them, my nails were badly damaged and thin. I started using pre-natal vitamins, and they've helped my nails grow back very strong and healthy. I also use Sally Hansen Strong as Nails Strengthening Topcoat all the time, whether my nails are painted or for a plain clear look. Finally, I use Bath and Body Works rosebud salve on my cuticles to keep them soft =)

Nailtiques - you can get it at most drugstores in the nail polish section. It's on the expensive side (about $9 for a tiny bottle) but it works great!

keep a nail file handy. My nails also chip as well.

anytime you see a small chip, file it down and then apply a nail hardner (sally Hensen) over the nail so that it doesnt break.

I was told eating jello strengths nail, but I havent heard that is true.

hmmm...i ate alot of jello a couple weeks agi and my nails did start to grow a little after that...

does getting manicures or just nail polishes at a salon help in any way??

you dont want to get too many manicures! they buff the nail down and that can make the nail pretty thin. However, keeping nail polish on will help keep them from splitting and cracking. Also file your nails so that they are square instead of pointy

once your nail start to grow file down any chips. you might even want to cut all your nails to the same height so they can grow together.

with the jello, you probably won't see instant results...it would have to be over time.