Seriously having second thoughts

unionjill736

Nov 19, 2010
So I went to the LV store today and found a new Empriente Artsy and tried it on AGAIN- and fell in love with it all over AGAIN.

Here's my problem- I just recently got Monogram Artsy MM as a gift for my birthday and haven't even used it yet and seeing the Empriente made me love mine less.

So, would it be rude for me to sell the one I have and pay the difference to get the one I have? I have done this before, but in that case, I was offered the option to return the item if it is not what I wanted.

Seriously, when you are spending this much $$ on a bag, you buy what makes you happy! Well, even if you weren't spending alot of $$ on a bag, buy what makes you happy. It (your bag), should make your heart sing!

I agree that for this amount of $$$, one should be completely satisfied. Well, I was, until I tried that Empriente again. I should have traded it a few days ago- it was purchased on the 2oth of Nov. I could have done it at the store. Returns/exchanges are allowed within 14 days only right?

I'm all for getting what truly makes you happy, but it really depends on who this gift was from. You have to be considerate of how they'd feel when they find out you exchanged or sold their gift, and added your own funds on top of it to get something else. I personally encourage all of my friends and family to feel free and exchange gifts, but I can tell you from personal experience that not everyone feels the same way. Maybe just try and find out where the person that gave it to you stands on these kinds of things first. Really hope it works out for you because the Empreinte Artsy is TDF!

I think if the LV Boutique is in a Saks store then it may be 60 days, I think, but I could be wrong as I haven't returned anything LV there in a while. I also think if you have a good relationship with your SA then you can make the exchange a few days past the deadline. Just a thought. Hope you get what you want and not have to pay much $$$.

I totally agree with you on this and that is why I'm asking around for opinions- no, I promise I'm not blaming anyone just in case :smile: But now that I think of it- I was given the receipt when I got the bag. When I give people gifts, I always give gift receipts just in case they want something else. I'd like to think that this is the case here......

since they said you may exchange it if you want and gave u the reciept I think you are good to exchange it. I don't think they would have given you the reciept if they would be affended by you exchanging it. I give reciepts when I give gifts for that exact reason. I want them to have the option and exchange for what they really want and not just be setteling.

Probably not. When I was asked what I wanted I was sorta given a limit with $$$ and the store where we got it from didn't have Empreinte. I think I'm gonna go ahead and exchange it. The Empreinte is much more comfortable to carry. Besides, as much as I like it- don't wanna risk ending up with 2 artsy, I won't be able to rest till I get this one.