Series Finales - The BEST

satc was very satisfying. i loved dawson's creek. i'm really glad joey chose pacey. i have a strong feeling the battlestar galactica finale will be on the list, so i'm preempting and add it now.

This goes way back almost 20 years but I loved the dream sequence final sceen of Newhart. Remember how he woke up next to his wife from the Bob Newhart Show? I still remember when he told her, "you should wear more sweaters." LOL!

This goes way back almost 20 years but I loved the dream sequence final sceen of Newhart. Remember how he woke up next to his wife from the Bob Newhart Show? I still remember when he told her, "you should wear more sweaters." LOL!

That's funny. I just made my entries and did not even see yours.

Loved that episode and very creative!!!
Will and Grace and MASH have got to be a couple of my favorites with Newhart on top.

Just noticed that you are in SA, too!! Shopping, anyone?? lol

That ending was legendary: the entire series hadn't happened!

I remember hearing about this, although I never watched the show. I never really watched St. Elsewhere or the last few seasons of Roseanne, but according to IMDB, since the series St. Elsewhere ended first, they originated the "it was all made up/a fantasy/make-believe" twist-ending. Newhart did do a good job of copying it, in theory, although I think when Roseanne did it, it just annoyed people.

Let's see what series does it next.

That ending was legendary: the entire series hadn't happened!

I remember hearing about this, although I never watched the show. I never really watched St. Elsewhere or the last few seasons of Roseanne, but according to IMDB, since the series St. Elsewhere ended first, they originated the "it was all made up/a fantasy/make-believe" twist-ending. Newhart did do a good job of copying it, in theory, although I think when Roseanne did it, it just annoyed people.

Let's see what series does it next.

probably LOST, I bet Vincent the Dog is imagining it all :P

I thought the finale to the Sopranos was perfect. No, it wasn't incredibly satisfying or action-packed, but it was dignified and did justice to the artistry of the series.

I hated it at the time, but I love it now. I remember jumping over the coffee table to get to the bedroom TV when the screen went black. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it. DH is still ticked off...

I loved the ending to The Shield. They may not have physically killed Mackey, but they did in every emotional and psychological sense.

Golden Girls!!

It was a two episode finale. I thought it just had so many great jokes, and it really nicely tied up all the loose ends for the characters. And what made it great was it managed to weave in some tears without being too heavy-handed about it. Just some of the best TV ever.