Series 16 caviar quality

fdc

Mar 8, 2019
Hi I want to buy this preloved bag from 16-series. Anyone who owns this series can share with me about this season leather quality please?
TIA

1C54DB00-3DD9-4AB3-BB96-1B1A4CB706EB.jpeg

830A49CD-2CFD-462B-A57C-64FD7C614E31.jpeg

I have a 16 series caviar reissue but it’s black, so I’m not sure if this is helpful. The caviar is pretty shiny but it was hard to capture in the photo. I also bought preloved and the one (slight) issue I noticed is that the tab is a bit more matte and shows some smoothing of the grain, but I don’t know how rough the previous owner was with the bag. Here’s a pic of the bag and one zoomed in on the grains. Overall, I’m happy with the leather.

8CBAE8D6-DCC3-49F0-A183-57767B33592A.jpeg

2A4A260F-B012-4D24-96D5-3646C91D2CAC.jpeg

Reactions: fdc and maye
I have a 16 series caviar reissue but it’s black, so I’m not sure if this is helpful. The caviar is pretty shiny but it was hard to capture in the photo. I also bought preloved and the one (slight) issue I noticed is that the tab is a bit more matte and shows some smoothing of the grain, but I don’t know how rough the previous owner was with the bag. Here’s a pic of the bag and one zoomed in on the grains. Overall, I’m happy with the leather.

View attachment 4803700

View attachment 4803701
Thanks for sharing, your bag is beautiful!

This looks like Vintage with 24k gold plating. They did not do this hardware in the 16-series...they stoped around 12-series... are you sure it is authentic?
Oh it's gold plated? It's not clear and the seller didn't send me more photos so I don't know :sad:
I will be vigilant, thank you so much!

Hey or maybe it’s from the 1 series, ? And not 16 series? Check how many numbers yours has and search it against 16 and 1 series online on how many numbers it should have.

Reactions: fdc
Yes, it has a hallmark and bigger and flatter CC. Also the booklet is an older booklet.
Thanks so much for the input, I will ask the seller. She told me 16 series in excellent condition and asked for €4250/$5000. If her description is exact do you think it's worth the price?
Hey or maybe it’s from the 1 series, ? And not 16 series? Check how many numbers yours has and search it against 16 and 1 series online on how many numbers it should have.
Thank you, it's the seller who told me it was a 16 series but she didn't show me the card.

The seller reconfirmed to me that it was a 12-series. The 16 one is another one.
Do you think €3900 or $4600 is a faire price for such an old bag?
Should I take the splurge?!!
Thank you so much!!

Hmm...12 Series makes more sense as that was the last series with the hallmark by the time it got to 13xxxxxx, Chanel had changed the hardware. As far as price, really you need to go by condition, inclusions (card, box, etc.). As these days even vintage prices have gone quite high. I will say the thing that concerns me is she could be mixing pictures, why the old ass booklet? Why did she say 16 and then 12 series when questioned? Is she a "regular" reseller or normally trusted site? If you wish to proceed, make sure she gives you all pictures that you would need for authentication, and post in the authenticate this thread. Make sure you check reviews for the seller etc. AND MOST IMPORTANT- DO NOT PAY BY WIRE TRANSFER or PP Balance. Only PP Invoiced with CC, or you will have no protection.

Reactions: fdc
Hmm...12 Series makes more sense as that was the last series with the hallmark by the time it got to 13xxxxxx, Chanel had changed the hardware. As far as price, really you need to go by condition, inclusions (card, box, etc.). As these days even vintage prices have gone quite high. I will say the thing that concerns me is she could be mixing pictures. Why did she say 16 and then 12 series when questioned? Is she a "regular" reseller or normally trusted site? If you wish to proceed, make sure she gives you all pictures that you would need for authentication, and post in the authenticate this thread. Make sure you check reviews for the seller etc. AND MOST IMPORTANT- DO NOT PAY BY WIRE TRANSFER or PP Balance. Only PP Invoiced with CC, or you will have no protection.
Thank you so much for your wise advice, I'm getting a 3rd party seller for being intermediate of the transaction and will post once it's done!

Reactions: LoredanaLidia