Serial buyer on a ban - anyone else?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Not a single bag this year. except one, which I returned and got full refund. So basically none. Last year like 45 in 7 months (more than a bag a week on average, omg). (sold 20 or so of them) I have started to feel like a nun. Anyone else there?
    Feels good to avoid temptations....

2. I SHOULD be, but I know I won't be able to! I am madly selling off some of my other label bags so I can get the new Olive when it comes out. But then I will wait until fall when hopefully I'll have enough saved up to get one more. As much as I SHOULD be on a ban all year ... I know I won't be able to avoid temptations!

3. I am on a ban since lovely GSH Amethyst. I have my eye on a few "new" bags and it is kind of making me happy because nothing seems to be selling too quickly these days - maybe the ones I want will stick around out there for a while :angel:

A bit of fun news, for Valentine's Day my husband pre-ordered me a stylish yet functional present that i actually needed: the new Vivienne Tam Butterfly Lovers Digital Clutch; a mini netbook that is lovely! I imagine it will stow perfectly in one of my bals!

Attached Files:

4. So hard to be on a ban.:nogood: I would have to totally avoid tpf and the auction sites. But I really envy you, Aarponen, if you can keep it up! Good luck!

5. Ah ... but the year is still young yet!!! :graucho:

6. Super cute netbook!

I'm on a ban until one of my HG's comes along.....

7. I bought a ton of bags when I first fell for Balenciaga, now I find my taste has changed (I had the most beautiful GGH bag that I felt too self conscious out with, now all I want is some GH!). So I have sold three bags in a week and haven't bought anything new in two months.....it's just a lull until I see what I want, but it's the longest I have gone without that "you're the top bidder!" thrill in a long time!

8. I've been very quiet since first week of Jan this year... while it's early days yet, it's a good thing for me. I don't think I'll last a ban for the whole year, but I don't see anything on the horizon for me until at least March this year for me. Hopefully I'll make it to July sans Bbag purchases.

I still love Bbags - but am trying to use them all now, rather than buying so many and only rotating through them once in a blue moon.

9. I should definitely be on a ban (bought way too many bags + a moto jacket this year already!!) but it is so hard! I really want a couple more of the new 2010 colors (Sahara, Moutarde and Light Olive) and then i will be done and will be on a ban for a long time. Except for maybe a CP or something...lol:girlwhack:

10. Dear a, happy chinese new year to u my dear friend. Imo, you are a smart girl, you always choose the best one and you always ask questions to youself/tpfers. I only want to say if you don't want to spend too much on a bag, especially on the same shape/ brand of bags, then you could stop getting them, or looking for something else. I don't love Chanel bags when I was too young, but now I think Chanel jumbo and reissue 2.55 are so beautiful.

11. You're doing so well! Me . . . not so much!

I need to be banned, and although I had set a limit on the number of bags I would be purchasing this year, I've not stuck to it as well as I should have. So far, I'm holding steady at: cyclade velo, sorbet pom, and sunday tote. The impending colors are killing me--mustard, canard, and olive--and trying to figure out the style to get for each. I'm also trying to figure out what I can afford.

Thanks for this thread!

12. I seriously need to be on a ban myself! I've already bought 3 bals this year and a Chanel. I'm contemplating returning my Galet and just waiting for a Vert d'Eau Day and a pale pink and calling it quits. I don't know! It's an addiction and an expensive on at that!

13. After this season, I am going to be on a ban...!!!

14. I haven't put myself on a ban, but I am selling the bags that I don't use, so I expect that my collection will be smaller. Since I am giving up some of my bags, I'm thinking that no new money will be going out for the bags I do buy this year. I can live with that.