Serena Williams

Yes Demi did it first, and many others followed. I'm simply excited to see more diversity on magazine covers, including pregnancy shoots. Serena is a legit powerhouse and I love her gorgeous photos.

To be clear I don't have a problem with Serena's photos, I think they're very nice and quite restrained, I like that they haven't dressed the scene in an extravagant way. If I was going to write a formal art critique for a school paper or something there are a few things I would take issue with but as a magazine cover and as a representation of Serena it works very nicely.

I do have a bit of a problem with the celeb pregnant belly convention... mostly because it comes off as the female equivalent to a d*ck measuring contest... if I may be so crude. If you're uber famous and you're not going to add something different to the canon of naked pregnant celeb shots, I say don't bother.

It's a funny what makes a great photo. The thing about Demi Moore's image (and I'm sure that photo was motivated by ego more than most) is the way she's looking out of the frame, if she had been looking in any other direction with a different expression I'm not sure the photo would have worked as well as it did. There's a quiet defiance that comes across in the pose, tilt of the head (and timing of the photo) that's not present in a lot of celeb pregnant belly shots.

Reactions: Grace123
For me, I'm not interested in seeing a celebrity naked and pregnant..yes, i get that she's carrying a human...and that's a beautiful thing....but, i just don't care to see it on the cover of magazine..so many of us have been there, done that.......and , so many of us haven't or don't want to......or, so many of us cant.....I don't know.....just not impressed with those type of photos....jmo...

Reactions: Aminamina
I don't know...I think for a long time, being pregnant was almost looked at as unflattering, physically. some men were turned off by their pregnant wives. I see it as someone saying "This is part of being a woman and there's nothing to be ashamed about having a pregnant body. Pregnancy can be beautiful" Over the past 20 years, how many cover women have been pregnant and nude? so while it might have been done before (let's be honest, what hasn't?), compared to non-pregnant and nude covergirls, I'm thinking it's a rather small percentage.

Reactions: Kidclarke
SMH. What a stupid comment

Serena Williams slammed by fans for 'ridiculous' comment that giving birth will make her a 'REAL woman'
  • Serena Williams said she'll be a 'real woman' when she gives birth in September
  • She quickly criticized for the comment, which commenters called 'brainless'
  • Social media users said that a woman can be a 'real woman' without giving birth
  • Some suggested that it was an 'unfortunate' comment and that she misspoke

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iams-opens-preparing-birth.html#ixzz4pHKbOQXi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

431C4C2D00000578-4774446-image-a-10_1502284679646.jpg

431C4D5C00000578-4774446-image-a-9_1502284677606.jpg

431C4BEA00000578-4774446-image-a-11_1502284684580.jpg
431C4B3A00000578-4774446-image-a-12_1502284695153.jpg

Maybe it's not about what truly makes a woman a real woman. I'ts about what makes HER feel like a real woman. We're all different. Maybe since all these years she's worked out like a man it makes her feel more feminine.

:huh: She's been working out like any other female athlete at the top of their game. :huh:

People have been calling her a man or manly since she was a teenager. It annoys the s*** ou of me and I can't imagine what it must feel like for her to have her womanhood constantly questioned by sexist idiots.

Ugh. Beyonce was on this nonsense too.

Well, they're friends, so...:lol:

It was a stupid thing to say, but I kinda get it. Growing another human inside your body must feel like you're doing something super-human.. even if it's been done since forever. :P

Was it insensitive towards women who can't have children or women who have to deal with other people's judgement over their decision not to have kids? Sure, but if that makes her feel like she's becoming a "real" woman... meh. Who am I to argue that?

And it's not like this is the first time she put her foot in her mouth. Fantastic athlete, subpar public speaker... :noworry: