Sequin pump question..pls help!

juicygal12

Jan 12, 2009
Hello! I scored these on eBay (already been auth) awhile ago and I have a few questions.

1. What's the style name and season?
2. Is it normal for the sequin to turn white due to use? Could I use something to somewhat the sequin?
3. Is it normal for missing sequins so the pink material would show or the sequin to be over the curve of pump

Overall its in pretty good condition. And they were really cheap so I'm quite happy but just a small concern about those.

Please see picture! Thank you!

Attachments

• image-3416130251.jpg
    image-3416130251.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2032110404.jpg
    image-2032110404.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 145
  • image-1288576892.jpg
    image-1288576892.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 151
  • image-2084540878.jpg
    image-2084540878.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 141
What a great find!

First off, yes, it's normal for sequins to do that with age and wear. These sequins were painted fuxia, so as they wear the silver (the base color of the sequins) will start to show through.

Second, I don't really know anything about replacing the missing sequins. It looks like you could spread them out a little bit to even out the bigger gaps where there are no sequins. Honestly though, I'd send an email to MM7 (the official CL cobbler in Paris) to see what they could do about it. If you got them for a fantastic deal, it might be worth paying MM7 to restore them. :smile:

ETA: looking back at your pics, it looks like the sequins have just been flipped the other way to make it look like some are missing. I have sequin tops that do this all the time. The gaps you've photographed aren't that big and it doesn't look like any of the thread that attaches the sequins is broken, so I really don't think you're missing any based on the pics.

Thank you so much! That was very informative!! Do you think painting them using nail polish or marker could work to blend it in a bit? I don't mind about the gap really as people won't see unless they bend their face down to my shoe haha Any idea the name of this style by the way? So I could figure out what year they are.

Thank u again for your help. These really were a very great deal. Less than $130 including shipping! I'd probably consider restoring them after more wear and tear.

Thank you so much! That was very informative!! Do you think painting them using nail polish or marker could work to blend it in a bit? I don't mind about the gap really as people won't see unless they bend their face down to my shoe haha Any idea the name of this style by the way? So I could figure out what year they are.

Thank u again for your help. These really were a very great deal. Less than $130 including shipping! I'd probably consider restoring them after more wear and tear.

They're Very Prive Pailettes and I think they're from 2008. WHOA, you totally stole those! Amazing deal!! :faint:

I'd go the marker route-- I think you'd be better off getting a Sharpie in fuxia (or another kind of fuxia permanent marker) and filling in the silver spots. It wouldn't be THAT noticeable and it won't be a perfect match, but nailpolish will change the texture of the sequin. Plus, it's easier to mess up than Sharpie!

They're Very Prive Pailettes and I think they're from 2008. WHOA, you totally stole those! Amazing deal!! :faint:

I'd go the marker route-- I think you'd be better off getting a Sharpie in fuxia (or another kind of fuxia permanent marker) and filling in the silver spots. It wouldn't be THAT noticeable and it won't be a perfect match, but nailpolish will change the texture of the sequin. Plus, it's easier to mess up than Sharpie!

Thank you soooo much!!! Your amazing and very sweet for helping me!! 😊😊😊