Sequin dress - do you like?

louiseg123

Apr 19, 2008
SC
Just wanting some opinions on this?
It's a sequin snakeskin dress.
I like it - I'm going to pair with a black clutch and pair of military heels.
But just wondering what other people think of it
Opinions?? :smile:

Attachments

DC-Cutie

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
in the store....
I'd have to see the whole outfit.... I saw a dress made out of this material recently and it's a very unforgiving fabric, so your body needs to be SICK...

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
I like it if it's short enough, you can layer it as a long top over leggings and leather blazer to casual it up a bit.

May 18, 2008
LA
Not my style! Sequins & Snake skin! It's a distaster waiting to happen. It would be very hard to style & look good.
Good luck!

lovemelon

O.G.
Jan 24, 2009
I really loike it! I've been looking for a dress exactly like this in black .... so hard to find!

Feb 2, 2006
Personally, it's not my style. I tend to think that sequins are best standing on their own...and the same goes for snakeskin print. To have both together might be a bit OTT. But like someone else said, if you throw a black blazer or leather jacket over it (and high-heeled ankle booties!), it would be toned down yet still be striking.

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I'd have to see the whole outfit.... I saw a dress made out of this material recently and it's a very unforgiving fabric, so your body needs to be SICK...
This is definitely the case - VERY unforgiving. But I agree with the other pps as well about layering it.

Mia Bella

O.G.
Mar 27, 2008
Personally, it's not my style. I tend to think that sequins are best standing on their own...and the same goes for snakeskin print. To have both together might be a bit OTT. But like someone else said, if you throw a black blazer or leather jacket over it (and high-heeled ankle booties!), it would be toned down yet still be striking.
Agreed! :yes: