septoplasty

pinky7129

O.G.
Feb 19, 2007
NY
Hi everyone!

So I'm getting my deviated septum fixed, and was wondering if anyone has any advice in terms of what to do, what to avoid, how to survive hehe

I also was wondering if I could drive down (4 hour trip) with friends on the following Saturday after the surgery is on a Monday. Doc said I can go back to work Friday, but just wanted to see what others experiences were like.

Thanks!

JetSetGo!

Never not trying
Admin
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
valley girl x city girl
Hi everyone!

So I'm getting my deviated septum fixed, and was wondering if anyone has any advice in terms of what to do, what to avoid, how to survive hehe

I also was wondering if I could drive down (4 hour trip) with friends on the following Saturday after the surgery is on a Monday. Doc said I can go back to work Friday, but just wanted to see what others experiences were like.

Thanks!
I am having my deviated septum and turbinate fixed in August. I've heard recovery can be brutal, but worth it in the end.

Did you have yours done yet?

runner22

dreaming of Coach...
O.G.
Jan 13, 2008
Hawkeye State
I had it done several years ago. Had it done on a Friday, recovered the next week, and was back at work the following Monday. It hurt quite a bit so it's important to stay on top of the pain meds (or stay slightly ahead). I pretty much ate soft foods like oatmeal, applesauce, yogurt and ice cream.