September Price Increase FACT

Bah!
I was planning to get my first Chanel in jan 2008...It took me a long time to get to that point that BF would turn his face when he saw the price...with another price increase, he's gonna drag me out of the store..
And I want a Chanel!!:hysteric:

I wonder if this is worldwide or just in the USA - perhaps they're just raising the prices elsewhere given the strength of the Euro :shrugs:

Still sucks though.

Like others in this thread, I too am new to Chanel bags and find this disheartening!

Just yesterday I was making an inventory of which bags from Chanel.com I want to see in person when I go to NYC this September...however, with a price increase looming at the same time these bags will be out of my 'comfort' zone. :crybaby:

I was in the store today. The lady told me the price increase will be effective August. Although I wouldn't bet my money on it as she doesn't seem too reliable. But she also said a GST would cost about 2100 after the price increase! Insane ain't it?

The part about the GST sounds pretty reliable as I have heard that as well.

I wonder if this is worldwide or just in the USA - perhaps they're just raising the prices elsewhere given the strength of the Euro :shrugs:

Still sucks though.

My SA in the UK said that while some prices were increasing for the second time this year the price of classic flaps was actually going down slightly. :roflmfao: could this be true??

OMG! That's totally insane.
As often as their prices keep going up once you have the bag in your hands, you better run to the cash register...otherwise by the time you get there, they'll have changed the price yet again!:cursing:

I was in a Chanel boutique last week with the new expandable in my hands, and my friend had the clutch in hers. The expandable just wasn't "me" and she was not sure if she wanted the clutch so we each started tp put them back on the shelf. As we were doing that, 2 customers came over to grab those bags (I don't think the bags even made it to the shelf) and immediately bought them. With bags flying out of the stores so quickly, I guess they feell they can raise their prices as high as they want. :sad:

I don't believe other brands issue this many increases in such a short period of time. One would think that lesening mass marketability is the central reason for such increases.

With that said, does this make any of you think less of the brand - what I mean is, many of us (myself included) have stated that we cannot shell out $3k a season/month for a new bag; so, if Chanel is raising prices that deter us from supporting the brand then they are not considering us (smart, working, women) their target market.

Am I wrong to think that 3 price increases in such a short period of time is geared towards attracting only those women with enough disposable income to never have to ask, "how much".