September cancer month

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. For those of you that don't know September in National Cancer Month. If any of you have read my recent posts you know that my son is fighting leukemia and waiting for a bone marrow transplant. Prior to this I had a very innocent/dumb view, that being this will never happen to my family, my child. Well my friends it can happen at any time to anybody. Even my big strong, my body is a temple Div I athlete.
    Durring this month there are so many things you can do to help the war on cancer. Donate blood, register to be a bone marrow donner, the list goes on. I use to see the commercials for the Ronald Mc Donald house and thought it had nothing to do with me. It's existence has made the quality of my families life so much better during this awful time. I know they always need donations. So please try and do something, however small, it all adds up. Thank you so much for reading this.

2. Hugs to u and your son!
    Thank you for posting!

3. Keeping you & your family in my thoughts! :hugs:

4. Best wishes to your son! Cancer doesn't pick or choose, there's just no rhyme or reason to it. It's terrible! I hope he beats this thing!

I hate cancer. It took my first dog, my best friend when she was 21, and most recently, my boyfriend's dad who treated me as one of his own - he passed away in June. My mom had breast cancer - thankfully (knock on wood), she's been fine since.

I do cancer research at school and am so thankful to be a part of that.

5. There has to be better treatment^^, it's so positive that people work on that. Now the illness makes you sick as does the treatment. My life has not been normal in a very long time and I don't know when it will be again. I'm so sorry for all your loss.

6. Bump for this - my stepmom died of cancer last March at age 39. I raised funds and walked the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for Breast Cancer this year and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Hugs to you Jujuma and everyone else who has someone battling cancer or has lost someone to this awful disease.