Sephora VIB Sale

ALERT! And complaint! :shrugs: I ordered the Clinique click cover set (includes 2 sticks and holder) for $44 along with quite a few other items. I ended up ordering via customer service as I was trying to order a polish but it kept declining...turns out they will not ship a bottle of polish to Hawaii...but they had no problem sending me the large Nirvana White parfum spray...go figure.

Anyway, he quoted me my price which included the ROUGENOTE discount so I was very surprised when I got my email and the discount was not applied. I emailed customer service and their response was that the click set was a promo offer and I could not use the VIB discount. They did give me a store credit of the 15% discount as a "special one time against store policy favor". I wanted my money back and not to be forced to put that money back into the store...which I would have anyway. It's just the principle of the thing.

Here's the problem. Does anyone else know that the click set is a promo offer? There is no mention of it when you put it in your cart, no promo code to include, and there is no difference in price if you buy them ala carte. They are trying to tell me the set is cheaper. I'm still waiting to hear back how they figure that. Set is $44. Ala carte, click holder is $8 plus two sticks at $18 each equals $44. ??? Is there something I'm not seeing here?

BTW, before I ordered via customer service I had everything in my cart ready to check out and it accepted the VIB code. I wouldn't be so frustrated over this had I felt their responses were heartfelt. The tone was more "you used a promo but we'll do you a favor and issue a onetime store credit", which, BTW, the second responder said that offer was a mistake but they would allow me to keep it. I mean, really? I could just very easily return everything and rebuy with the code! Why the attitude? Anyone else have this happen? How are we supposed to know what items are promo if it's not indicated?

Thank you for letting me vent! First world problems! Lol

Wow! That's really frustrating! [emoji35] You could try reaching out to them again via social media and say something that will get their attention. Putting that Cover FX set aside, I still think it's unfair that they are offering you a credit only. That defeats the purpose of the discount! 🙄 Maybe they will help you if you express your dissatisfaction with their "one time courtesy" and escalate the matter. If they don't respond favorably soon, you can try to place another order with the discount and then return the first order. Hopefully, they will see the light and refund the difference! [emoji4]

Edit: Do you mean the Cover FX Customizable Click Stick set for $44?

Wow! That's really frustrating! [emoji35] You could try reaching out to them again via social media and say something that will get their attention. Putting that Cover FX set aside, I still think it's unfair that they are offering you a credit only. That defeats the purpose of the discount! �� Maybe they will help you if you express your dissatisfaction with their "one time courtesy" and escalate the matter. If they don't respond favorably soon, you can try to place another order with the discount and then return the first order. Hopefully, they will see the light and refund the difference! [emoji4]

Edit: Do you mean the Cover FX Customizable Click Stick set for $44?
Thank you Violet Bleu, I was going to stand my ground but then caved because I'm tired. I did let them know how I felt and my surveys of the response help I received have been levels 1. Maybe that will catch someone's eye. Yes, I did mean the Cover FX click set. I'm looking forward to hearing back from them on how I saved money. Lol.
Thanks for the support! I started second guessing myself on making a deal out of this, but I'm just so frustrated with customer service these days! Ack!
Oh, and I did say that if I don't hear back from them on how much money I saved on the cover fx set then I would take it to the next level of management. Maybe tomorrow I'll call customer service and tell them I want my money back instead or I'll return everything.

Thank you Violet Bleu, I was going to stand my ground but then caved because I'm tired. I did let them know how I felt and my surveys of the response help I received have been levels 1. Maybe that will catch someone's eye. Yes, I did mean the Cover FX click set. I'm looking forward to hearing back from them on how I saved money. Lol.
Thanks for the support! I started second guessing myself on making a deal out of this, but I'm just so frustrated with customer service these days! Ack!
Oh, and I did say that if I don't hear back from them on how much money I saved on the cover fx set then I would take it to the next level of management. Maybe tomorrow I'll call customer service and tell them I want my money back instead or I'll return everything.

I'd also point out to them that on the website it shows as eligible for the sale. Right under the price: "Spring 16 VIB 0416"

And I'd point out that Sephora makes no mention of exclusions other than it can not be used with other promotion *codes*. Which a promotional code is not required for that item, its simply merchandise.

"*Beauty Insiders will receive 10% off 4/9/16 to 4/12/16 at 11:59 PM PDT, VIB will receive 15% off 4/8/16 to 4/13/16 at 11:59 PM PDT, VIB Rouge will receive 15% off 4/7/16 to 4/13/16 at 11:59 PM PDT. Offer valid in Sephora U.S. stores, Sephora inside JCPenney stores and online. Offer not valid on jcp.com. No minimum purchase required. Non-transferable. Valid on merchandise purchases only. Not valid on previous purchases, purchases of gift cards and eGift cards, packaging, applicable taxes or shipping and handling charges. Cannot be used in conjunction with other promotion codes. Sephora employees are not eligible for this offer. Not valid on orders shipping outside the U.S. Due to heavy demand, Sephora Flash delivery times cannot be guaranteed for this promotion. Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Promotion card has no cash value and may not be altered, sold or transferred. Sephora is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged promotion cards. This offer is subject to change, alteration, or termination by Sephora at its sole discretion at any time.

These offers are valid while supplies last. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with other promotion codes. Not available on previous purchases or with purchase of eGift certificates and gift cards. Offers are available with online orders shipping to the US and Canada only unless the offer details state available in store(s). Sephora reserves the right to change or rescind this offer at any time."

Last edited:
ALERT! And complaint! :shrugs: I ordered the Clinique click cover set (includes 2 sticks and holder) for $44 along with quite a few other items. I ended up ordering via customer service as I was trying to order a polish but it kept declining...turns out they will not ship a bottle of polish to Hawaii...but they had no problem sending me the large Nirvana White parfum spray...go figure.
Anyway, he quoted me my price which included the ROUGENOTE discount so I was very surprised when I got my email and the discount was not applied. I emailed customer service and their response was that the click set was a promo offer and I could not use the VIB discount. They did give me a store credit of the 15% discount as a "special one time against store policy favor". I wanted my money back and not to be forced to put that money back into the store...which I would have anyway. It's just the principle of the thing.
Here's the problem. Does anyone else know that the click set is a promo offer? There is no mention of it when you put it in your cart, no promo code to include, and there is no difference in price if you buy them ala carte. They are trying to tell me the set is cheaper. I'm still waiting to hear back how they figure that. Set is $44. Ala carte, click holder is $8 plus two sticks at $18 each equals $44. ??? Is there something I'm not seeing here?
BTW, before I ordered via customer service I had everything in my cart ready to check out and it accepted the VIB code. I wouldn't be so frustrated over this had I felt their responses were heartfelt. The tone was more "you used a promo but we'll do you a favor and issue a onetime store credit", which, BTW, the second responder said that offer was a mistake but they would allow me to keep it. I mean, really? I could just very easily return everything and rebuy with the code! Why the attitude? Anyone else have this happen? How are we supposed to know what items are promo if it's not indicated?
Thank you for letting me vent! First world problems! Lol

I ordered the Formula X click set. I'm pretty sure I got it for 15% off. I did a second order for the UD Gwen Stefani brow box, which was on clearance also. I know I got 15% off that one.

Reread your post. I see you were talking about a Clinique set. Still it's my understanding that items in sale got an additional 15% off.

You're welcome! I feel your pain with customer service! Let me know what happens! [emoji4]

A bunch of products I had been wanting came back in stock right when I got the email about this sale. I was able to finally grab them, so I'm pretty pleased about that.

I ordered:
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in champagne
- Smashbox Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformer
- Beauty Blender Liner Designer
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- Becca Backlight Targeted Color Corrector in green
- Algenist reveal concentrated color correcting drops in green
- Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water
- Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clear Invisible Dots
- Sephora Collection nail polish corrector pen

I evidently just hit rouge with this purchase, for the first time ever. Though I didn't see a way to add the rouge welcome gift to my basket. I was a bit disappointed that all the new Too Faced matte melted lipsticks are completely sold out, and I recalled there being a VIB rouge exclusive shade, but I can't find it on the site anywhere.

Have you used the acne clear invisible dots before? How are they?

I added:

Bite Beauty Line & Define lip primer
Bite Beauty Opal Creme lipstick
Anastasia Beverly Hills lip primer
Benefit Fake up under eye hydrating concealer
Kat Von D Interstellar Eye & Lip set (VIBR/VIB exclusive) < Saw this by chance, it didn't show up when I looked at Kat Von D brand items, but was available under value sets.

I added:

Bite Beauty Line & Define lip primer

Bite Beauty Opal Creme lipstick

Anastasia Beverly Hills lip primer

Benefit Fake up under eye hydrating concealer

Kat Von D Interstellar Eye & Lip set (VIBR/VIB exclusive) < Saw this by chance, it didn't show up when I looked at Kat Von D brand items, but was available under value sets.

Way to be an enabler, now I find myself looking for a universal lipliner[emoji23] I was looking at the Interstellar Set by kvd but it doesn't show up as VIB/VIBR exclusive even though I'm VIBR. I might order the Tarteist Lip Paint in FOMO though!

Way to be an enabler, now I find myself looking for a universal lipliner[emoji23] I was looking at the Interstellar Set by kvd but it doesn't show up as VIB/VIBR exclusive even though I'm VIBR. I might order the Tarteist Lip Paint in FOMO though!

lol, you can never have enough lip products. :graucho:

I am always on the look out for new lip primers, liners & moisturizing treatments to try. I have naturally really dry, chapped lips. I had tested the Bite line & prime on my hand and it felt so creamy and smooth and had a moisturizing effect, so I decided I needed to give it a better test run. I was really tempted to buy Tarteist's lip scrub, but want to check it out in stores first if I can. Once I hit rouge, I'd like to get Tarteist's Fomo & the Dior Addict.

Hmmm, I'm only VIB (though, about $100 away from Rouge). I wonder if it shows differently for Rouge members. But when I view the site the picture has maroon VIB Rouge & gray VIB gray logo, and it says VIB Rouge & VIB Exclusive over the add to cart button. Either way, not a bad deal for some products I wanted to try and it did apply the 15% discount too.

lol, you can never have enough lip products. :graucho:

I am always on the look out for new lip primers, liners & moisturizing treatments to try. I have naturally really dry, chapped lips. I had tested the Bite line & prime on my hand and it felt so creamy and smooth and had a moisturizing effect, so I decided I needed to give it a better test run. I was really tempted to buy Tarteist's lip scrub, but want to check it out in stores first if I can. Once I hit rouge, I'd like to get Tarteist's Fomo & the Dior Addict.

Hmmm, I'm only VIB (though, about $100 away from Rouge). I wonder if it shows differently for Rouge members. But when I view the site the picture has maroon VIB Rouge & gray VIB gray logo, and it says VIB Rouge & VIB Exclusive over the add to cart button. Either way, not a bad deal for some products I wanted to try and it did apply the 15% discount too.

You should try the Ozone Primer by UD, I use it for my lips but it's multifunctional (I know people use it for fine lines or pore minimization as well). I did a couple in-store hauls as well as placed some online orders, I'll post pictures of everything once it arrives! It was mostly makeup and skincare that I use that needed to be repurchased as well as a few new things.

I realized today was the last day of the VIB 15% so I made my way to Sephora and walked out with a nice haul [emoji4]

Nude Purify/ Balancing Mousturixer
Ren- Evercalm Anti Redness Serum
ABH- Glow Kit "That Glow"
Marc Jacobs- Genius Gel Foundation #44
Too Faced- Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer
MUFE- Peach Color Correcting concealer R40
MUFE- concealer brush

Had to order and have shipped these 2:

Brush #40 (powder/highlighting brush)
Algenist- REVEAL Color Correcting Radiant Primer ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460579015.935029.jpg

You should try the Ozone Primer by UD, I use it for my lips but it's multifunctional (I know people use it for fine lines or pore minimization as well). I did a couple in-store hauls as well as placed some online orders, I'll post pictures of everything once it arrives! It was mostly makeup and skincare that I use that needed to be repurchased as well as a few new things.

Now who is enabling who? lol Just added it to my list of things to try.

I may post pics too once the second part of my haul arrives, but I kind of want to be able to avoid facing the reality of how much make up I've bought lately.
Thankfully, my Husband just finds my make up addiction to be cute. Otherwise he might kill me when yet another box of make up arrives... :whistle:

Now who is enabling who? lol Just added it to my list of things to try.

I may post pics too once the second part of my haul arrives, but I kind of want to be able to avoid facing the reality of how much make up I've bought lately.

Thankfully, my Husband just finds my make up addiction to be cute. Otherwise he might kill me when yet another box of make up arrives... :whistle:

Just trying to help out a fellow makeup addict! I usually just sneak my packages and shopping bags upstairs to avoid questions only to find my sister or mom waiting in my room to see what I've bought.

Just trying to help out a fellow makeup addict! I usually just sneak my packages and shopping bags upstairs to avoid questions only to find my sister or mom waiting in my room to see what I've bought.

My sister found a way around that. I got her hooked on Korean skincare and cosmetics, so I do the shopping for her. :P She just moved to the UK and has already requested a surprise haul as a belated birthday gift since I'm moving to Korea again next month.

Hubby just laughs at me. He figures if the bills are paid and I'm happy, there are far worst things I could blow money on.