Sephora VIB rouge play box

Ligea77

Aug 14, 2011
Has anyone else seen the new play box from Sephora that is only for rouge members and is supposed to feature just luxury products? Any thoughts? I'm already subscribed to the original play box but am more than alittle put off by this.

As a Rouge, it would be nice to see something else put out for Rouge since the Rouge status is pretty much a joke.

That said, I've yet to hear or see anything about it and last I checked "Play!" was still not APO friendly, so even if there is a new Rouge feature in the form of a subscription box upgrade, I couldn't use it. Which is disappointing as I'd like to subscribe to the Play box.

ETA: So I just looked this up and while it sounds nice regarding the possible inclusions (not holding my breath. With how Sephora handles Rouge "perks" I wouldn't be surprised if it was all perfume samples)... WTH is up with that ugly baggy? The bags I've seen from the Play boxes were cute, that gold thing looks likes a gaudy first time sewing project... The seams look messy as all get up. o.0

Last edited:
Reactions: reginaPhalange
Ok, it is *NOT* a monthly subscription or a Play! upgrade. It is simply a mystery box of samples similar to the Sephora Favorites sets that can be ordered on the website. Its not a recurring $20 a month subscription for Rouge like the websites are saying. It may even only be a one time thing. I decided to get two to see what the samples were like and what kind, if any, variation may be int he boxes..

Reactions: JetSetGo!
I totally agree that rogue perks are a joke. The play box has been decent, I've discovered some things and brands I would have otherwise overlooked but $20 dollars for a box of high end samples and they're just samples seems a little ludicrous. Let us know if it indeed turns out to be worth it or if it's just another way for sephora to keep gouging their loyal customers.

Reactions: BomberGal
I totally agree that rogue perks are a joke. The play box has been decent, I've discovered some things and brands I would have otherwise overlooked but $20 dollars for a box of high end samples and they're just samples seems a little ludicrous. Let us know if it indeed turns out to be worth it or if it's just another way for sephora to keep gouging their loyal customers.

Yeah, I'm thinking its the latter. Since it has "Rouge" tacked on it, I'm betting its going to be a pretty blegh selection of things that have been offered to VIB as GWP codes & rewards. Because that is how Sephora logic seems to play out: You spend more money with us, we'll slap the word rouge on the same things we give everyone and call it an "exclusive perk". *eyeroll*

Reactions: reginaPhalange
Ok, so its nothing special and there is no variations in the box.

– Guerlain L'Or essence d'eclat delux sample
– La Mer moisturizing soft cream deluxe sample
– Yves Saint Laurent deluxe lip stick sample in a hot pink
– BURBERRY Cat Lashes deluxe mascara sample
– Dior poison girl deluxe perfume sample
– TOM FORD deluxe roller ball sample
– Crappy, tacky gold bag.

So the samples aren't horrible, but not all that exciting either. Not thrilled with the perfumes, they're pretty over-powering. And I never can understand why they choose colors like hot pink for lip product samples. Its a color that not everyone is likely to like or use and doesn't suit most skin colors. :/ I was wanting to try the Geurlain L'Or though, so there is that. And I'll give the La Mer sample a try since I'm always up to trying new moisturizers and skin products. The others I could do without though.

The "collectible bag" though... Its such a poorly made, ugly little thing that I actually feel insulted that they chose that for their "Iconic" Rouge thing. Especially since I've seen some of the cute little draw string bags from the Play boxes. How in the world did they choose that bag... I'm donating it to the thrift shop, though I can't imagine anyone would want it. Even if it were free...