Sephora Return Policy?

I ordered a couple of items during the f&f sale and recieved my order today. To my surprise 1 of the item was an empty box with no product. Has this ever happened to anyone and how did sephora deal with the issue?

I returned an unopened and sealed bottle of foundation w/o a receipt - I had purchased it online and thrown away the receipt b/c I assumed I would use the makeup (but ended up needing a darker color) and they actually called the corporate office or whomever and made sure I had actually made the purchase online.....

whatever it takes - I was honest and I think if they need to call and/or check ID's, so be it....

This is interesting info.
I lost my Sephora.com packing slip and wanted to return one of the (unused) items to the store the other day. I even went online and printed out the order summary from the Sephora website (that's what the CS rep told me to do when I called and asked how to go about doing this sort of return). But when I got to the store, they said they couldn't process the return and credit my account at all. They said that there is no possible way they could pull the online info up at all without the actual packing slip.

So they were just lying...confused...inexperienced... I guess? They had to take my ID & give a store credit instead of a credit to my VISA :sad:

I received a smashed blush from one of my online orders, I called customer service and they said they were really sorry and they'd send a replacement order right away. Do I still have to mail back the original blush or is this some gratis thing? I checked my online account and a separate order was placed using store credit for a new blush, and my previous order is still "Shipped and Paid", not a return. I was just going to put the chunks and powder bits into a sifter jar. Will Sephora charge my cc if they don't get the blush back??

This is interesting info.
I lost my Sephora.com packing slip and wanted to return one of the (unused) items to the store the other day. I even went online and printed out the order summary from the Sephora website (that's what the CS rep told me to do when I called and asked how to go about doing this sort of return). But when I got to the store, they said they couldn't process the return and credit my account at all. They said that there is no possible way they could pull the online info up at all without the actual packing slip.

So they were just lying...confused...inexperienced... I guess? They had to take my ID & give a store credit instead of a credit to my VISA :sad:

What kind of item was yours? I've heard this is a really common problem with some products, like the fragrance vials :/

What kind of item was yours? I've heard this is a really common problem with some products, like the fragrance vials :/

It was a Sephora Collection brush set, still sealed in its packaging. I was only returning it because I bought another (bigger) brush set in a subsequent order, which had more of the brushes I needed.

ETA:
I never figured it depended on the "type" of item... I just thought it was strange because they said there was "no possible way" for them to look up the purchase. But before I went, the CS rep I spoke to on the phone (at the 1-800 number) said that the store could, you know? And then I read what the other TPF'er wrote & saw that there was a way for the store to get the info from corporate, and thought it was weird that my store wouldn't process the return :/

Last edited: