Sephora Formula X Thread- Thoughts, Comments, Pictures!!!

Oct 6, 2007
I know this line has been out for a bit now but I just tried it a few weeks ago and I'm obsessed!!! I bought the starter kit with nail cleanser, sticky base coat and top coat as well as "love chemistry" from the sparklers line and "big bang" from the Lusters line. so far I love the staying power of the polishes and how nice the quality of the sparkle and shimmer is in the polish.

who else has tried it! lets see pictures please :biggrin:

Oh wow, that color is gorgeous!!! I really don't need anymore nail polish, but I might just have to have this one! I wonder if you absolutely have to have the whole kit, or if this polish will work with my usual basecoat (CND Stickey) and topcoat (Seche Vite).

thanks! I love it. it's a deep purple but has slight blue shimmer too

I think it works just fine with other base coats and top coats but I have to say that when I used another formula X with my regular top coat and no base coat it did not stay on as long. my last manicure was the "love chemistry" colour and it last for 10 days with no chips!!!

I think this new long is very nice, the bottles are nicely redesigned, there are so many colors and textures to choose from!
this is what I love about this line so far are the 3D glitters and the quality of the colour and shimmer.

that colour is so good!
thanks! it's a nice colour for fall, dark enough to be neutral but the shimmer in it is really intense!

I have the Superwatts in Outburst as well and it looks exactly like a really nice Black Opal on your nails. super sparkly....it actually sparkles when your in a dim room lol. it's really intense but so cool!

http://www.sephora.com/superwatts-P382110?skuId=1545953&icid2=FormulaX_Effects_Superwatts_carousel_P382110_image

thanks! I love it. it's a deep purple but has slight blue shimmer too

I think it works just fine with other base coats and top coats but I have to say that when I used another formula X with my regular top coat and no base coat it did not stay on as long. my last manicure was the "love chemistry" colour and it last for 10 days with no chips!!!

Thanks for the info! It definitely sounds like it works better with the whole system, so I might just buy the whole thing at some point. I'm waiting on about 8 polishes that I pre-ordered, so I should probably take a little break on polishes for a bit (but I probably won't). :lol:

Thanks for the info! It definitely sounds like it works better with the whole system, so I might just buy the whole thing at some point. I'm waiting on about 8 polishes that I pre-ordered, so I should probably take a little break on polishes for a bit (but I probably won't). :lol:

haha I do that too...I go on nail polish binges :graucho: it's actually a pretty good deal to buy the whole system. the nailpolish averages 14 dollars per bottle (in Canada) and the kit is the cleanser, base, and top coat plus 1 bottle of nailpolish of your choice for 39.00

haha I do that too...I go on nail polish binges :graucho: it's actually a pretty good deal to buy the whole system. the nailpolish averages 14 dollars per bottle (in Canada) and the kit is the cleanser, base, and top coat plus 1 bottle of nailpolish of your choice for 39.00

LOL, yeah I'm like that too...go for awhile without buying much polish at all, and then all of a sudden go on a serious bender. The price for the kit really isn't bad at all, and once I get the whole kit all I'll need after that is just colors for awhile.

I use the base and top coat from this line and it extends the wear of every single polish I wear and that is saying a lot since I'm terribly hard on my nails. I can go a week without chips, something that never happened in the past.

As for the polishes, nothing really stood out for me, which is a really good thing :smile: