Sephora Beauty Samples

Jul 4, 2009
Hi there!

Wasn't too sure where to post this... anyway, I'm about to checkout at Sephora.com and literally every sample they have is a perfume. What's the deal with that?? Not only that, it seems like most of them are men's colognes!

I'm not a perfume girl at all. Any idea when they turnover their sample listings?

So frustrating...

I waited overnight and ended up getting: AmorePacific Moisture Bound Vitalizing Masque; Algenist Overnight Restorative Cream; GLAMGLOW Super-Mud™ Clearing Treatment. Not great, but they were literally the only non perfumes/colognes being offered. I just checked back again and it's still all perfumes/colognes, except for a YSL foundation. Disappointing!

Yeah. The Sephora samples really suck right now and has sucked for a few weeks. However, their 100 point Beauty Insider items are awesome! The Tarte BB Cream and Finishing Powder combo is super cute. I also got the Blinc Tubing Mascara :smile:

I like that there are perfume samples, especially the newer ones like Stella McCartney's LILY but hate all the men's samples. Surely this isn't their target audience? Or maybe marketing data has shown them women buy more cologne for their significant others than men would buy for themselves?

This evening, twas pretty decent: mini They're Real; Lancome Visionnarie Treatment, Fresh Soy Cleanser; a Clinique Chubby Stick (in an orange-y colour? I skipped...) & some sort of Ojon... thing.

I imagine, without fail, the next 3 or 4 times I end up going it'll suck.

Cait said:
This evening, twas pretty decent: mini They're Real; Lancome Visionnarie Treatment, Fresh Soy Cleanser; a Clinique Chubby Stick (in an orange-y colour? I skipped...) & some sort of Ojon... thing.

I imagine, without fail, the next 3 or 4 times I end up going it'll suck.

Those are deluxe samples; I think this thread is about the three free ones you pick with each order.