Separation anxiety!

2spoilt

Jun 29, 2010
Just wondering if anyone suffers from separation anxiety from their bags.

Am so used to being able to rotate my bags and accessories according to my moods and outfits.

However, we're going overseas to Vietnam for 5 weeks... and for security reasons, my bags are staying home. :sad:

I am feeling so sad about this.

Does anyone here understand this feeling? Any tips to deal with it?

Just wondering if anyone suffers from separation anxiety from their bags.

Am so used to being able to rotate my bags and accessories according to my moods and outfits.

However, we're going overseas to Vietnam for 5 weeks... and for security reasons, my bags are staying home. :sad:

I am feeling so sad about this.

Does anyone here understand this feeling? Any tips to deal with it?
Yes!!! Me! I'm currently in grad school & have all my bags at my apt (except for my MJ, LV stressa, and Jimmy Choo) & I think about them everyday! I just couldn't justify lugging all of my bags 2 hours to my boyfriend's house just for Thanksgiving week....but you can bet over my Christmas break all my bags will be coming with me! I worry about them as if they are my children....pathetic huh? Lol. So far I don't have any good tips on separation anxiety...I'm suffering severely!

I feel the same way but I'm usually separated from my bags for less than a week! :biggrin:
But, honestly, I think I have more anxiety taking my bags with me--a co-worker had two purses stolen from her checked luggage and once I saw suitcases being thrown by airport workers and one had burst open with all the contents strewn on the ground outside the plane! I tend to take one large LV on the plane with a smaller one tucked inside with all my other stuff. I don't even pack any purses in my small carry-on suitcase since one time they forced me to gate-check it!

It's such a hard decision which bags to take too!

Glad I am not the only one.

Not so fussed about my shoes. Don't even want to think about all that dust and humidity on those babies... will probably be able to bring some small SLGs...

Not only that, but I also have to make sure that whoever housesits will respect my property and not touch!

I suggested to my partner that I store them all in a second bathroom and get a lock on the door.

He looked at me as though I was insane! LOL!

I totally understand where you're coming from. I went to vietnam last year and had to be apart from my beauties for 6 weeks. It was really hard to see other girls rocking their bags but in the end, you'll have so much fun there, you'll forget about not having them with you. Also better safe then sorry right? Have an awesome trip.

Yeah, I can understand not having to worry about dirty surfaces and bagsnatchers.

Trying to get my hubby to agree to a speedy b - need a bag for my slr. Hard since I have the fleur de jais speedy!

lol yes I'm in college so my bags stay back at home. I miss them all the time but it's great when you finally come home to them haha- they're the pets I never had. I'm out of town right now, and I find myself scared that someone will break into our house and steal my bags. I don't know why I keep feeling that way...so I don't like to leave my bags without my family there for more than 2 days.

I dislike not to have my bags when i'm in France at my parent's home. I just take one or two but that's it. I don't "suffer", it's not a really pain but i think about them very often. That's why i regularly take pics of my bags and my whole collection to see them on my phone when i miss them! it sounds ridiculous, but it makes me happy!