Seoul TouchUp? DocFinderKorea?

Yes much more. A girl from my group went to Banobagi with docfinder paid 7.5 million krw for eyes and nose. Another girl went alone only just 4.7 million krw eyes and nose.

There are so many variables as to why the prices were different, maybe different obstacles in the procedures, etc. I read a lot of posts about people who compared prices before reaching out to DF and then after, and they are quite similar.

I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread, first time posting.

I realize that limiting yourself to only the clinics DocFinder/Seoul TouchUp wants to introduce you to is a very bad idea, but if you've done your research and already have figured out what clinics you'd like to go to, and just want someone to help you around during your stay (hotels, navigation etc.), is it really such a bad idea?

If you feel confident you'll get by without trouble and can just focus completely on your appointments and surgery then that's great, but not everyone is going to have it that easy; especially not if it's their first time. Maybe I'm being naïve because I haven't had anything done and have barely ever travelled anywhere outside of my own country but it really doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me. (Again, provided you've done your own research and figured out which clinics to visit on your own without any biased meddling.)

I obviously welcome any constructive thoughts you may have for me in regards to this; I just wanted to share my own thoughts.

I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread, first time posting.

I realize that limiting yourself to only the clinics DocFinder/Seoul TouchUp wants to introduce you to is a very bad idea, but if you've done your research and already have figured out what clinics you'd like to go to, and just want someone to help you around during your stay (hotels, navigation etc.), is it really such a bad idea?

If you feel confident you'll get by without trouble and can just focus completely on your appointments and surgery then that's great, but not everyone is going to have it that easy; especially not if it's their first time. Maybe I'm being naïve because I haven't had anything done and have barely ever travelled anywhere outside of my own country but it really doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me. (Again, provided you've done your own research and figured out which clinics to visit on your own without any biased meddling.)

I obviously welcome any constructive thoughts you may have for me in regards to this; I just wanted to share my own thoughts.

They provide a service, it's up to the individual whether it is worth it. Keep in mind that even though you may have chosen the clinic, the 3rd party agency will be taking a commission. Even if it seems like you are dealing directly with the clinic, I believe they have an agreement in place where if you are introduced by agency the clinic must pay them.

As for travelling to Korea, millions of people travel there every year without speaking any Korean and they get around fine. Getting to your hotel and clinics is not very difficult. Almost all clinics that foreigners visit are in the part of Seoul known as Gangnam. The majority are in the neighborhood of Apgujeong. The biggest part where an agency might come in handy is if you want to visit a clinic with no English translators.

i dont know about docfinder the reviews seem ok but I dont recommend seoul touchup at all. If you want premium service (premium price....) I think eunogo is an option. Going alone has its problems such as overpricing, aftercare etc. Ideally, you could ask a Korean-speaking friend to help you out.

As I'm reading this thread I'm actually in the process of healing from my surgery at Banobagi... my mother and I feel that Docfinderkorea was pretty much useless when it came to helping us bargain for prices. In fact they didn't even do much for us.

I was in contact with this lady, Jennifer, for about 3 months prior to the surgeries, she explained to us and answered our queries. But the usefulness of DFK pretty much ended here...

To give you guys an idea about what surgeries my mum and I did after consultation with Dr Lee:

Mum: mid face lift and lift sagging eyelids
Me: nose fillers and fat graft on cheeks

Upon arrival in Seoul we were introduced to different people every day - there's not one person that helped us consistently throughout our stay here. Essentially we were passed around like a hot potato.

On our consultation and surgery day, we met a lady named Kwan who was nice enough and followed us... but did absolutely nothing to help us lower the price (we had multiple surgeries each). During the price negotiation my mum and I did all the talking to the staff (who spoke English so Kwan was quite redundant). She didn't help us negotiate for a lower price nor any free services etc.

After surgery, we were pretty much left to our own devices. A guy named Shin Park texted us occasionally from time to time but did nothing important.

About 5 days after surgery, my mum was fit enough so we moved to a guest house. Here's the funny part - we were suddenly contacted by and passed to a lady named Clovis whose entire job was to help us hail a taxi to our guest house. WTF, right?

Then as we were boarding this taxi, Shin Park appeared out of thin air and said, "Hi I am Shin Park" and shook my hand and I got into the cab.

So there goes our encounter with Mr Shin Elusive Park. I have met celebrities for a longer time than the impressive 3 seconds this guy showed up to introduce himself.

On the day we had to remove our stitches, Player 4 named Anna showed up at our guest house and took us to the clinic. Her job consisted of waiting with us to get our stitches cut out... Then dropped us off in a cab.

Here's another frustrating experience I had with the staff of DFK. After my mum got her stitches removed, she noticed that the operation line on her eyelids were crooked and even had some bubbles on the op line. It was quite worrying and we texted Anna to ask about this. She simply replied, "this is your mum's skin." ??!!!!????

My mum's eyelids certainly did NOT have any bubbles or bumps prior to the op, only some slight sagging. We'd expected her to say something like "Show me a picture and I'll send it to the nurse"... but her replies made us even more annoyed and frustrated as it was almost equivalent to her telling us "that's your own bloody problem".

She then suggested that we have laser treatment at the dermatologist @ Banobagi. I was really infuriated at this point as it made us feel like she was telling us to pay extra money at the dermatologist in order to get rid of a problem that surfaced due to the surgery.

At this point, we turned to Shin Park and explained our predicament regarding the worries we had about my mum's bubbly eyelids. Guess what. We got reprimanded by him! He replied, "Why didn't you ask it to us earlier if she is not happy with that?" (pasted exactly from my Whatsapp conversation with him).

Is that aggressive or what? I don't know about you, Mr Shin, but anybody would obviously be unhappy with a bubbly, bumpy operation line. How are we supposed to accurately judge the finished product before the stitches are removed?

Essentially we felt like we were quickly kicked to the curb once our operations were finished. Shin Park even told me to contact him if I had any more questions. No thank you, I think I'll get even more furious talking to you. I've seen some nice comments regarding a Mr Shin in this thread, but I don't know if it's the same Shin you guys are talking about. Maybe the one I talked to was his loony evil twin for all I know.

As for our surgery satisfaction with Banobagi, I'm fairly satisfied with my nose filler and fat graft on cheeks.

My mum, however, can't comment on her surgery outcome yet as she's still bruised and slightly swollen. Bumpy operation line aside, she is impressed that she didn't feel unbearable pain. However, she recalled hearing two sets of doctors' voices during her op, which worried her a little as she doesnt know if Dr Lee was the one who did the surgery.

As mentioned earlier, as I'm typing this I'm still in Seoul spending my last few vacation days here. All these encounters are very fresh in my mind. These are the dissatisfactions I have with DocFinderKorea. I feel that they're quite redundant and only served to hail taxis (seriously) and give non committal replies to our post surgery queries.

Sorry you have to go through a lot of frustration. Are you still in Korea? I'm confused. If you just had your surgery and you're still in Korea then you don't have to lose hope for your mommy. After my boob job I had to wait for a long time for the scar to heal and muscle to regain strength again. I had boob job with docfinder in JW. It hurts every time I have to lay down and sit up but Shin was very thoughtful and he helped me countless times during my treatment. Not to mention he also make sure the drive from my hotel in Myongdong to JW is smooth and I don't have to be in pain if there's a bump in the road. He is a very nice person. I'm very thankful to docfinder and JW, I will always remember them. May your mommy heal soon xoxo

I wouldn't use either of those medical tourism services. You'll end up saving a lot of money by booking your own hotel.
If you speak to your selected clinic, they will for sure be able to recommend nearby and cheap hotels for you. Most even offer to pick you up from the airport free of charge! They're obviously used to having international clients.

For instance, if you get the cheapest package from Seoul TouchUp for 14 days, it costs about $2000. I've been able to find hotels that cost 55-60 a night, which would be about $840 for 14 days. Add in some money for meals and you're still better off booking your own hotel.

Reactions: Snowliss
I did my double eyelid surgery last year through Docfinder. At first, I am afraid they will charge me some money. So happy that they didn't charge me any cost and providing the transportation and even day tour for free. Their staff are so warmful and friendly so that I felt very comfortable. I would use docfinder again next time.

I did incision double eyelid and rhinopladty surgery this year and I also went with agent docfinderkorea. Although they also sent three girls to take care of me, I really appreciated that they did help me a lots during my trip in korea. I am now thinking about to have jaw surgery next year, definitely I will go with DFK again.^^
Hi, I am looking at chin implant and jaw reduction next year as well. If u need partner pls contact me at joycelim69 at hotmail dotcom. Thks...

Ive contacted Docfinder, Eunogo, Seoul touchup and also K-Doctors.
What I think is that, through my extesive research, it's not the medical tourism agencies that place a higher price. It's the clnics which place them up for the foreign patients. I actually asked the clinics and got a reply from one of em. "For foreign patients, the prices are higher!" reason to this is cuz of many reasons. first of all, translation, employment cost, pick ups from the airport etc. I could go with that becuase it's cheaper anyway than at home. And also I'd rather go under the knife of a Korean Doctor, after all Korea is the mecca of plastic surgery. I think it's all about statistics.
For the hotels, yeah sure you can pick them through an agent also. no prob. There are small hotels which cost 60 a day. I asked K-Doctors and they recommended a few hotels which were cheap enough for me. All I did was pick one, and they did all the booking. Mine was 65 a day.
Also, it may differ from each individual, but I'd rather have someone to rely. Having someone there for me for my life changing exp was a relief. If I had any question all I needed to do was call them up during my trip, and even afterwards.

I did my double eyelid surgery last year through Docfinder. At first, I am afraid they will charge me some money. So happy that they didn't charge me any cost and providing the transportation and even day tour for free. Their staff are so warmful and friendly so that I felt very comfortable. I would use docfinder again next time.
I was also one of the patients who choose DFK. (Raise hands :smile:) yeah, I agree what you said, if I plan to do other surgery next time, I will still chose DFK again.
As other topic I replied before, I came by myself for my eyelids, no one could help me at that time. I was so lonely, no one could ask for help, even eyes surgery is not a big surgery. ^^"
Compared with my second time, I came with DFK for my rhinoplasty, they helped me a lot and replied me asap when I had any questions about my nose even if they couldn't replied fast they still tried their best to solve my questions. Hope u girls can have a good experience as mine ~