Sent used item from store

I ordered a mini Ophidia GG Supreme mini bag on 11/29/2020 and didn't receive until 1/4/2021. The shipping date kept changing because it claimed it was back ordered so I assumed it was a warehouse order and not a store send. You see department stores ship out items they have and they can be missing dust bag, box or are visibly used. Well, I received a used bag on 1/4/2021 and called customer service and shipped it back on 1/5/2021 and it arrived 1/11/2021 and since then no refund. I purchased using store credit card so that doesn’t help either, to contact credit services. I did online chat 1/16 and was told refund would be issued and nothing. I emailed on 1/26 and got reply back today saying I didn’t receive the Gucci Box here is return label. I called customer service and again they didn’t listen and kept trying to tell me a return label was sent and we don’t have item and I said no, the agent didn’t read my message. Finally she listened and I gave her the tracking number and she said it arrived at 1/11/2021 at 10:09.
I haven’t posted in years but figured this would be only place online where someone would understand my frustration. I attached pictures. I don’t know if the person who ordered it before me, the receipt was inside had sent it back damaged or it happened at the warehouse. I got an email on 12/22 saying item was getting ready to ship but it didn’t leave the warehouse until a week later. I have worked in fullfillment before and that was very strange. My theory given the damage someone needed parts for a bag or they are taking it apart to learn how to make a better replica. Will update if I ever get my refund. Also saw someone post that Gucci was getting out of department stores, which I think is good. You don’t get something mailed from the boutique in store, you get items that are carried on the department store website which tend to keep getting retuned. In store boutique purchases are fine, it’s shopping via department store website that is hit or miss.

ED10253A-6BC4-49FB-AB4E-FBCB9AAAFD2D.jpeg

C0361375-4621-4A85-8DF8-CE0E6E3ACF98.jpeg

7625D93C-4E85-4C6F-AD39-F007465DDFDD.jpeg

7CAF5047-AADC-4C3C-A484-780C01D0297C.jpeg

C71FD3EB-0A67-4C94-8846-5BBFC4F13C21.jpeg

BD0F43C1-9C9F-4A9B-94EA-1FA3751D4727.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: skyqueen
Well getting closer to a refund but they still expect me to return something that I already returned and have proof of. This is why I posted this as a cautionary tale.
On this forum people post all kinds of purchases and neat things they collect. The people here aren’t bragging, it’s really a show and tell for big kids. Have interacted with some nice members in the past. Also this forum has given good advice on purchases. Please forum members, staying safe at home is important but online shopping from department store websites is a miss! Find a trusted SA from a boutique and try to get your order in and shipped from them. With everything going on, this is such a small thing. Hope everyone is staying safe. Will post again when I get them to accept

Attachments

• FADC06D2-E894-49CA-BBB9-7869D4E11F08.jpeg
    FADC06D2-E894-49CA-BBB9-7869D4E11F08.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: ZuriCoquette
Gucci is notorious for being terrible with returns and customer service. I ordered platforms in 3 sizes and they wouldn’t let me return ANY of them. Claiming I used all 3 pairs. Not to mention this was during the height of lockdown. Didn’t make any sense. After 2 weeks of calling everyday I got a refund but I’ll never buy online from Gucci again

Wow, I thought buying direct would be the solution but I guess Gucci does just what department stores do. It seems everyone just keeps sending back out returns until someone notices.
When I did fulfillment which is completing online orders I always checked the items, most stuff is sent from the store nearest to you unless it comes from the warehouse. If something was visibly used or ratty I’d ask to reject the item and tell my supervisor. Some people that fill orders just pick and it’s the person packaging that notices sometimes. FYI if something has a white ticket a reticket we call it, it’s usually a return I say don’t keep it especially for lingerie and Spanx it’s usually visibly used and someone just accepted the return.