Sent my vintage flap to Leather Surgeons!

Wow the structure is like brand new. You've mentioned that it still has a beautiful sheen. It's hard to pick that up in the photos.

Can you please share a pic of the bag in natural light?

I'm waiting on a reply from them rea vintage camera bag restoration and I'm really curious about what the lambskin and hardware will look like after .
Here you go!

Attachments

• E93CE244-9742-4633-9508-0DF643AE7AE7.jpeg
    E93CE244-9742-4633-9508-0DF643AE7AE7.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 9F0FB56A-883C-4645-9D6E-F0A8CA341496.jpeg
    9F0FB56A-883C-4645-9D6E-F0A8CA341496.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 2E026950-7801-4487-8209-2A9BB512C6A5.jpeg
    2E026950-7801-4487-8209-2A9BB512C6A5.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 153
beautiful . Did they dye the bag? I saw on YouTube and she said her bag doesn’t feel buttery nor soft as before after her bag from leather surgeon. I have vintage bag and still in wonderful condition but due to old ages color isn’t rich black

What color was the bag on youtube?

Please forgive me and don’t get this wrong but I can’t see the difference? It looked amazing to begin with hence it’s a bit hard for me to see with the images you provided where exactly the improvement is? I can’t see any flaws to begin with maybe you can help me put pictures right next to each other of the things that bothered do you? I have a vintage in brown caramel which is giving me a really hard time. I am terrified they won’t be able to match the colour and therefore need to colour it, making it Matte and dull...

Reactions: srtacaramelo
Please forgive me and don’t get this wrong but I can’t see the difference? It looked amazing to begin with hence it’s a bit hard for me to see with the images you provided where exactly the improvement is? I can’t see any flaws to begin with maybe you can help me put pictures right next to each other of the things that bothered do you? I have a vintage in brown caramel which is giving me a really hard time. I am terrified they won’t be able to match the colour and therefore need to colour it, making it Matte and dull...
Sorry just seeing this! There was some flaking on the leather edges and the leather looked rubbed and dull in some spots. The gold plating was very scratched and tarnished. It also toppled over when I placed it down. It wouldn't stand up, but now it does. :smile:

Here you go!
Wow your bag is sooooo yummy! I want to just grab and eat it!! Congratulations! So glad they did a great job! I love the turn lock on your bag!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :hbeat::hbeat:
Sorry just seeing this! There was some flaking on the leather edges and the leather looked rubbed and dull in some spots. The gold plating was very scratched and tarnished. It also toppled over when I placed it down. It wouldn't stand up, but now it does. :smile: