Sent my Coach to the factory for repair - need experiences please

Sicy

Meeeeeeeeeow
O.G.
Jan 14, 2008
I sent my only Coach bag to the factory to repair a button and to check on strange fading on the bag. I brought it into a Coach retail store and they sent it for me. They were nice and said it should NOT fade like that and that it would be taken care of for me. It's been about a month and I haven't heard anything back. This is my first Coach bag and I am really in love with it. It's been really hard to be without it and I am very nervous and anxious as to what the outcome will be.

Can anyone share their experiences with sending their beloved Coach away to get repaired? If they cant fix the fading, will they call me to discuss it or just send the bag back to me? I dont want any other bag, I want my bag back or if they can replace it with the exact same bag that would be great. I'm just feeling uneasy that I havent heard anything. :wondering

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/zoeysaki/6735_131145574691_593664691_3146775.jpg

I sent my Legacy Mandy in for sealant issues and they never contacted me about the bag. Of course they could not fix it (do they ever fix a bag??) I just got the bag back and a 40% off letter was included in the package. HTH's

I takes a while so I wouldn't worry just yet. The two bags I sent in were fairly new so I got a letter in the mail giving me a credit for the full retail value of the bag. If you get that letter you can still call them and ask for the bag back. Of course you won't get to use the credit and keep your bag. If you get your bag back you should get a 40% off letter with it.

I "sent" my Lily in for repair, sealant issues. The SAs said right off the bat it wasn't going to be repaired and I received full credit back for it. In fact, they offered to let me use the credit right away LOL

I sent my Zoe in for repair in January and got it back exactly 5 weeks from the day I left it at the FP store. I was starting to worry also but they did say it would take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Some of the stitching along the top was undone and they restitched the part that had come undone. It looks okay but the thread is a little different that what was originally on the bag.

Thanks for the responses. Ugh my worry is that they will keep my bag and send me a refund or something without contacting me first. I will be livid. The bag is less than a year old but I have not seen it since then anywhere so even if they cant fix it I want it back.

^if you had told the salesperson this they would have made a note, but I'm guessing the salesperson did not ask or let you know about that option when you were dropping it off.

but the bag is not lost, you have thirty days from the time the letter of credit is issued to call jax and request to have your bag back instead of the letter of credit

I did tell them that and they knew how worried I was about leaving my bag but on the notes on the receipt/paper they gave me it just says 'fix button, check bag for fading'. They told me the factory would call me and let me know what they were going to do, but I haven't received a call yet. I also don't recall there being a phone number to the factory on my receipt. It's at home so I'd have to check again.

Do all Coach bags have a name? I assume so. Does anyone know which one mine is? There's a link to it in the first post.

TY very much. Makes it much easier to find online when you know the style name! Though I hope I can just get my bag back and wont have to go look for a new one online. I'll try not to panic yet for a couple more weeks (I'm very impatient and I miss my bag!)

Sicy... You can call the 800 Coach Number on their website and inquire about the bag....

Now, don't panic if they say they have no information yet... They do not "register" the bag into the system until they have evaluated it and made a decision ..ie: Repair and send back, can not repair and offer credit, send back with 40%....

Give them a call....

If they send you a refund it will come in the form of a Merchandise credit letter. It will be a letter basically saying that they couldn't fix your bag but, that they are giving you a merchandise credit in the amount of $xxx.xx ( retail value of your bag ).
If you read this letter carefully, it basically says that they will hold your bag for ( if I remember correctly ), 6 weeks and that if you would like to give back the credit and recieve your bag back, to please contact them.
This isn't the exact words but, basically, you can refuse the credit and have your bag returned to you.

Thanks for the responses. Ugh my worry is that they will keep my bag and send me a refund or something without contacting me first. I will be livid. The bag is less than a year old but I have not seen it since then anywhere so even if they cant fix it I want it back.

It takes about 6 weeks or so, do not worry... In another week go to the store and have them call Jax they may be able to get the status...

If they send you a refund it will come in the form of a Merchandise credit letter. It will be a letter basically saying that they couldn't fix your bag but, that they are giving you a merchandise credit in the amount of $xxx.xx ( retail value of your bag ).
If you read this letter carefully, it basically says that they will hold your bag for ( if I remember correctly ), 6 weeks and that if you would like to give back the credit and recieve your bag back, to please contact them.
This isn't the exact words but, basically, you can refuse the credit and have your bag returned to you.

But this just seems like an extra waste of time to then have to wait longer to get the bag back and have to send back the credit, etc. Isn't it more productive to just call me to ask if I want the bag back or a credit? I really hope they don't just send a letter.