Sent a Paddy back to NM today!!!

Eek, that sucks! I should really learn to inspect my bags before I purchase them. I didn't even bother to check for these things when I bought my Paddy @ Nordstroms 2 days ago. Thankfully it was all there! :biggrin:

Ginger said:
Oh yes I agree...it is totally dishonest to "use" a bag and then send it back. What is worst is for the store to try to pawn it off on another buyer as new merchandise. I am so disappointed now...goodness this is as bad as getting a knockoff. Are there any sites truely safe to buy online?:mad: What about Net-A-Porter? I never had a problem with Elux.

When I was in my Marc Jacobs phase, I had very good luck with Eluxury. While they have a 60-90 day return policy, they have a trained staff that inspects bags for authenticity and wear. They also have the right to refuse it on the basis of this. If defective and worn it is taken out of circulation. As far as NAP, I think it is so difficult to return internationally and not cost effective, I don't think they would have used bags in circulation.

All of the boutiques have 7 day exchange only policies or store credit. This discourages returns. I prefer to buy and know if I can return if I change my mind, or if seeing it IRL for the 1st time it doesn't suit me. But if I received a used bag (which I did once from Saks), I would certainly express my disgust.

I've only had this problem with NM and BG online. When I returned the one with napkins to NM's customer service, I saw the SA write damaged on the return form. Nonetheless, I am sure the bag popped back up on line the following week. I think NM and BG figure that eventually someone might keep the bag. Also, I think because people can "use" a bag and return it in the mail - versus having to look a SA in the eye, its easier for people to abuse the on-line system. NM and BG need to put tags on the outside of the bags and once the tags are cut off, you should not be able to return a bag - same thing the stores are now doing with fancy evening gowns.

All of this is really a shame, but I agree with the earlier post and I've seen that advice on purseblog as well. (to try it for awhile and if it doesn't work - send it back. Usually as 'you've only been using it for 2 weeks, can't you send it back?')

I really do prefer to buy from a store IF I'm going to pay full price - which, actually, I have never done for a bag, but have for many other things, of course.

I do think the anonymity and distance in online transactions allows some folks to take some advantage of the return policies and honest shoppers buying anytime after the second week something goes on sale are hurt. Net sites definately could better police this, they just don't want to turn off their early buying customers.

As far as people returning (especially Chloe Bags for some reason!)...I had bought the cutest Chloe Small Chain bag...before the Paddies were out & when I went to TAKE MY NEW BAG out I found MATCHES from the DRAKE HOTEL in CHICAGO!

Now, I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! I think it was safe to assume that someone bought the bag for their trip...used it...returned it...and I got it...safe to assume that I returned that one!:yucky: I was very upset...especially b/c it was a Friends & Family at Saks & I got 20% off!

thompk (Kristy)

Hey Guys....after a week of anxiety my saga ended well. I got the new Paddy from NM today and it is absolutely perfect....never been used...no Starbucks papers...LOL Whew!!! My faith in ordering online is back. :noworry:

Ginger, what color?? Perhaps whisky or blanc have been up on NM?? :flowers:

BTW, I think reports of mammab finding a tampon in her bag is an urban legend.... it started out as a joke on another board :lol:;) She did find coins and such though. :amuse:

And I wish to respectfully disagree with what constitutes 'used' as far as returns go.... I don't think a bag is any less used if tested around the house for days or weeks than it is making a public appearance for say 2 hours - putting your items in a bag at home still stretches the leather and handles and can transfer hair, lipstick, hand lotion and grime inside and outside the bag. Sometimes it takes a real-time trip (like to the mall) to know if a bag will really work for you. Flip locks and walk the halls at home all you want, but until you're in the heat of a retail purchase or carrying it for an hour straight do you know if the bag will really work for you! I've received 7 Chloe bags from NM and only 2 were pristine NWT. If NM is going to charge ME full price for a used bag (same as shelf-worn), you bet I'm going to do some home or real-time testing if necessary before making that financial commitment. Think of it, we buy NEW SHOES that have actually been on other peoples' feet! :sick: IMO there's no such thing as Absolutely Unused NWT in retail! :P But if you damage or soil it or use it for more than just testing/deciding, you should keep it. :flowers:

Off my soapbox too :shame: