Senreve Maestra uncomfortable?

Dec 11, 2006
NYC
Took a plunge to try out the original maestra size for a weekend bag out with the kids that is more sleek looking. But it seems quite uncomfortable. It’s so popular that I’m second guessing myself. I know I chose a stiffer leather (mimosa) but wondering how others find it.

E21F6D17-DFD4-4191-8355-43225A5DA9A9.jpeg

Last edited:

earthygirl

Apr 20, 2018
I don’t own this bag, but a good friend of mine bought it. In her excitement she took the tags off. After putting her stuff into it she realized that the bag was actually quite heavy for her. She contacted the company and they were nice enough to make an exception and take the return. She has no regrets even though she likes the design it is not functional for her lifestyle...she lives in a city and walks pretty much everywhere.

I personally don’t like the design. As much as I’ve seen it around on social media, it has not grown on me. I like the organization it offers, but heavy bags are dealbreakers for me. I wouldn’t second guess yourself. Maybe start looking for other options that suit your needs better and that you find more comfortable. I bought the strathberry leather backpack in the gorgeous tan color for when I’m on outings with my little ones. It’s not huge but it’s pretty lightweight for a leather bag. My friend bought a knomo backpack. It’s black nylon with gold zippers and I think it’s the best looking nylon backpack out there. Good luck to you!

Mar 10, 2007
USA
I have this bag in dolce leather and find backpack mode to be fine. I also I use both the top handle and the shoulder strap. I brought a laptop to Vegas for a conference in January and it worked out well.

if you don’t love it, return it!

jayohwhy

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I had the regular leather and a mimosa one and I carried them while traveling through Vancouver and Paris. I didn’t find them uncomfortable but did find them heavy after they were loaded up with my essentials. I ended up setting both and getting an LV palms springs backpack and I’m loving it!

maggiesze1

HELLO KITTY LUVER!!!
O.G.
Sep 29, 2006
WA
I bought the mini version in the mimosa in white and a pebbled in coral. While, I loved the look of them, especially the white one..I kinda regretted buying both of them..mostly because yes, they are heavy and a bit bulky.

I did end up selling the white one mostly because even though it supposed to be stain/yellow resistant...was afraid that it would still yellow over time. I kept the coral one, but only used it once..still complating on selling it as well.