Sending a $$$ item - checked the buyer's neighbourhood on google maps

nillacobain

Authenticator
O.G.
Jun 9, 2008
Hi ladies, I posted in the general question thread but I thought it would be more visibile here.
I have a item for BIN/OBO for almost 1000$. I had a very low offer from a 0 FB/new account and I didn't accept it. After a couple of days the same 0 FB put another offer, I counter-offered it and today she accepted it. She later sent me a msg asking me if she there is another way she could pay me. I replied I accept Paypal but I could also accept a bank wire transfer. I checked her address on Google maps and it does not seem like a nice neighbourhood at all. I'm not comfy sending a 1000$ item to her. What I can do? I sent her a cancellation request in the meanwhile. TIA

Hi ladies, I posted in the general question thread but I thought it would be more visibile here.
I have a item for BIN/OBO for almost 1000$. I had a very low offer from a 0 FB/new account and I didn't accept it. After a couple of days the same 0 FB put another offer, I counter-offered it and today she accepted it. She later sent me a msg asking me if she there is another way she could pay me. I replied I accept Paypal but I could also accept a bank wire transfer. I checked her address on Google maps and it does not seem like a nice neighbourhood at all. I'm not comfy sending a 1000$ item to her. What I can do? I sent her a cancellation request in the meanwhile. TIA

Did she accept the bankwire?

Did she accept the bankwire?

She has not replied yet.

She accepted my counter-offer (I had no problem in the past with zero FB buyers) and then asked if there are another ways she can pay me.
Her first offer was 50% off my BIN price (that is already well under retail price) but she put a decent second offer so I sent her a couter-offer (the one she accepted it).

I don't want to sound silly - "I only send items to nice houses/neighbourhood" kind of person. But I recently discovered (see my prev thread) that the most expensive and insured shipping method that is offered here is delivered by UPS abroad, and they are allowed to just leave the package on recipient's door (I spoke to UPS and they said that signature is not required for this service!). I don't want to risk that.

I understand your fear. Wait until she reply and tell her you do not feel comfortable selling your item to her and state your reasons but if she stills wants the item it has to be paid with bank wire.
Or she accept a cancellation.
Good luck

I once sold a pair of $500 shoes to a 0 feedback buyer. His paypal address is a old motel on Jersey shore. I was worried to lose my package too so I ship with signature confirmation via USPS. The shipment was delivered with front desk signature, not the buyer. But everything was OK he got the package and we leave each other good feedback.
And one time UPS leave my Mcqueen on my door, I was so furious! Luckily my neighbors are honest people.

I once sold a pair of $500 shoes to a 0 feedback buyer. His paypal address is a old motel on Jersey shore. I was worried to lose my package too so I ship with signature confirmation via USPS. The shipment was delivered with front desk signature, not the buyer. But everything was OK he got the package and we leave each other good feedback.
And one time UPS leave my Mcqueen on my door, I was so furious! Luckily my neighbors are honest people.

I recently sent an item (insured) and UPS just left it to a man. No signature. I called UPS and they said that they are allowed to just leave it there as there is no signature required for this service. This is the most exp. shipping method here.

I just chatted with ebay and they said to do not send the item at all if in doubt - if buyer doesn't accept the cancellation request they can help me with to get my fees back. Is this true?

I recently sent an item (insured) and UPS just left it to a man. No signature. I called UPS and they said that they are allowed to just leave it there as there is no signature required for this service. This is the most exp. shipping method here.

I just chatted with ebay and they said to do not send the item at all if in doubt - if buyer doesn't accept the cancellation request they can help me with to get my fees back. Is this true?

Yes it is!
If buyer never paid or buyer paid but you refunded the buyer,you can call ebay to check the transaction details and you will get your refund asap!
Pls do not send if in doubt! It is too much money to loose if it goes tits up!

If you want signature for UPS, you have to pay extra for it. Just like with USPS (regular postal mail), it's considered an "add on". Typically signatures are not required unless the seller/shipper specifically requests it.

According to the UPS chart (http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/retail.html), it's $4.25 extra for "signature required" and $5.25 for "adult signature required."

Personally, if I was shipping an item of this value I would request signature
confirmation & definitely would request an "adult signataure"...

I am of the mind set, better safe than sorry..

If your buyer doesn't agree to your terms, adios.. but that's just me

and I am not an ebay seller ... so if the buyer wouldn't meet my terms

I would have concerns

I only canceled transaction once, and the buyer accepted it. After that I had my ebay final value fee refund. But the buyer still can leave feedback to you. In this case I would refund the amount the buyer paid and wait the case to close. But I am not sure that you can get the final value fee back if the buyer did not agree to cancel. Sorry I couldn't help you further:nogood::nogood:

I'm glad people don't check my neighbourhood on google maps, no one would sell to me ever!

I've never done it before. I also said that I know it could sound silly to look at neightbourhoods on google maps. But as I said in my prev thread I've had so many problems with shipping (both sending and receiving) that I'm willing to do all I can to protect myself.