Semi Formal Event... Opinions WANTED

michelle4444

Dec 28, 2009
Hi everybody. I am going to an awards ceremony for my work. I am a staff member so I am just there to support my work/job. I have 2 outfits in mind. I am 24, and I can't decide if either of these are good enough. I preferably feel more comfortable in the 2nd outfit, but I need your opinion.
PS- The leggings are shiny.. if that helps!
Thanks in advance :smile:

Attachments

• DRESS2.jpg
    DRESS2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 557
  • OUTFIT1.jpg
    OUTFIT1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 592
The first one is probably better... second one is like.. business casual top vs. gogo dancing clubbing bottoms? it's neither formal nor dressy.. it's just a little odd.. JMO

I guess it would depend on the kind of place you work and what the dress code is expected to be for the awards ceremony. I personally wouldn't wear either option and would choose something more conservative unless you know that everyone else will be wearing cocktail attire.

I guess it would depend on the kind of place you work and what the dress code is expected to be for the awards ceremony. I personally wouldn't wear either option and would choose something more conservative unless you know that everyone else will be wearing cocktail attire.

ITA with HauteMama - depending on what industry you work in, I'd find something more business like and less club like...

I don't know. I don't love either of them. The first one is very Vegas/clubby....the second one is like a fusion of different genres and doesn't seem to go together. Any other options?

If you wear the first dress with opaque black tights and a large statement necklace (to fill in the v-neck area and add some interest), it would look great. The tights would make it a bit more conservative.

The second outfit doesn't look appropriate.

i guess it would depend on the kind of place you work and what the dress code is expected to be for the awards ceremony. I personally wouldn't wear either option and would choose something more conservative unless you know that everyone else will be wearing cocktail attire.

+1

I totally agree. I know that for my office's award banquet this week it is "cocktail" and I have to wear a full-fledged MiuMiu cocktail dress. If I wore shiny leggings I would probably be asked to leave, as I work with stodgy old men. So, if your company's culture is such that others will be dressed similarly, go for one of those looks. The simplest way to find out if this would be appropriate would be to simply ask your coworkers what they are wearing. Both of those looks are pretty, age appropriate and seem to fit you well. My vote is probably for the dress mostly because shiny leggings aren't a personal favorite.

I like the blazer/pants idea, but the top should be a little dressier than the one you posted and I wouldn't go with shiny leggings for the bottom.

The dress is very pretty but may be too sexy for this event.

Can't wait to see what else you post.