Selma & Sutton; Medium vs Large

bellevie0891

Sep 26, 2011
While I have all four bags...

I'm a huge visual person who loves comparison photos. Hopefully this will help anyone like me trying to decide between sizes. :biggrin:

All the pics have my cheapo purse organizer to show how much room you have in both sizes.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Pride-H...6/ref=zg_bs_3420366011_10/187-8375544-8615933

Here's a couple pictures showing how big the organizer is compared to the MK Continental wallet.

First up - Large Selma:

Medium Selma:

So now that you have both the medium and large sapphire Sutton, what are your thoughts on which to keep? Does the medium work better for you?

So now that you have both the medium and large sapphire Sutton, what are your thoughts on which to keep? Does the medium work better for you?

I'm going to carry it around tomorrow to make sure but I'm 90% sure it will :biggrin:

I have it all packed up and I've tried it on several times... so far so good!

Love your bags! Thanks so much for your pix - you do a great job of capturing the true essence of the bag. Some of these websites that selll these bags should take some tips from you! :P

Selma; mini, medium & large with large Sutton:

Sutton; medium & large:

Hi dear, between the large selma n large sutton which one do u think is more practical?....
i m dilemma in this 2.....
i can have only one of them....
I love the roomy of the dressy but i love the zip top closure of the selma
some say selma more sturdy and dressy has a thin saffiano leather.....

PLEASE help me ladies,,,,,,,tq:P

Hi dear, between the large selma n large sutton which one do u think is more practical?....
i m dilemma in this 2.....
i can have only one of them....
I love the roomy of the dressy but i love the zip top closure of the selma
some say selma more sturdy and dressy has a thin saffiano leather.....

PLEASE help me ladies,,,,,,,tq:P
The large Dressy/Sutton and the large Selma are completely different handbags. I've commented before on the differences, but just to recap....The large Dressy/Sutton has thinner saffiano leather because of its folding, snapped side design. The leather wouldn't be able to fold if it was as thick as on the Selma. The Dressy/Sutton also looks better than the Selma when worn cross-body because it has a narrower depth. The Selma's depth is wider, so doesn't look as good when worn cross-body, but the added depth gives the Selma a bit more interior space than the Dressy/Sutton. When I moved my belongings from my large Selma to my large Dressy/Sutton, there was definitely less room for everything to fit, as I stuff my bags. The Dressy/Sutton does not look good when overstuffed because the thinner saffiano leather will show lumps and bumps when the bag is overstuffed. The zip top of the Selma is a definite plus. I like the added security. However, the Dressy/Sutton has side zip compartments, so you can put your wallet and other personal items there, if necessary. Please note, though, that when you put items in the side zip compartments of the Dressy/Sutton, the items take space away from the center section of the bag. Hence my comment that the Dressy/Sutton has less interior space than the Selma. Both use the same shoulder straps, but the large Dressy/Sutton is taller in height than the large Selma, so will hang lower on your side than the Selma. If you plan to carry a lot of stuff (like me), heavy things, and/or use the bag for work, then I would suggest the Selma over the Dressy/Sutton. If you want a bag that can do double duty for casual and dressy occasions, then I would suggest the Dressy/Sutton over the Selma. The Dressy/Sutton also can be used as a work bag, especially when you unsnap the sides for more room, but I think the Selma is better for work if you carry really heavy things, like a laptop and books.

Last edited:
What's your opinion on the large vs medium selma? I'm 5'3 and having the hardest time deciding!! :smile:
1) Do you like to carry big bags or small bags?
2) Do you carry a lot of stuff in your handbags?
3) Do you have a petite body frame?

Your answers to these questions will help you make your decision. Generally, at 5'3", I would suggest that you get the medium.