**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

My recent experiences with them have been that they are currently offering "low ball" offers for your items.
I recently submitted a new, unused premier designer bag to them and their offer was so low it made me not want to deal with them again for selling.
Pre-COVID, they would give some pretty good offers for bags, but I don't know whether the virus or their merger with NM has changed their operating policy.
Submit your bag for an offer...you can always turn the offer down!

Like how low did they offer you for a new bag because the bag I submitted was also new
My recent experiences with them have been that they are currently offering "low ball" offers for your items.
I recently submitted a new, unused premier designer bag to them and their offer was so low it made me not want to deal with them again for selling.
Pre-COVID, they would give some pretty good offers for bags, but I don't know whether the virus or their merger with NM has changed their operating policy.
Submit your bag for an offer...you can always turn the offer down!

For a bag that retailed for over $3K, they made an offer of $550.00.
Now, how's that for insanity?
They later came back with an offer of $575.00.

I had good dealings with them pre-COVID and pre-NM merger.
So, I really don't know what the problem is...oversaturation of pre-loved bags, no operating funds, NM's bankruptcy litigation, the virus and people not spending.

Wow ok. Thank you so much that’s good to know
For a bag that retailed for over $3K, they made an offer of $550.00.
Now, how's that for insanity?
They later came back with an offer of $575.00.

I had good dealings with them pre-COVID and pre-NM merger.
So, I really don't know what the problem is...oversaturation of pre-loved bags, no operating funds, NM's bankruptcy litigation, the virus and people not spending.

Reactions: hhw
I had really good luck with them pre-COVID as well. I have heard other stories that since that time their offers have been really low. I had a couple of bags I was thinking of selling but my plan is to wait for things to improve. I would also try Yoogi's Closet. I haven't heard much about their offers post-COVID but it would be worth checking both.

Reactions: RT1 and Annabel Lee
I'm kicking myself as I knew the day would come with bag/luxury goods saturation. I wonder if FP is selling some of NM inventory? I saw multiples of the same designers on website for sale. I will agree that offers have been lower than in the past. I've been selling with them about 5 years. I want to downsize my SLG collection and will be sending in request for quotes later this week. I trust FP so I don't mind the haircut, but if they are low balling... then I will wait on take my business elsewhere.

Reactions: liliBuo and RT1
Like I have a new gg marmont with tags and recipes and never used it. Would their offers be close to retail?
I'm kicking myself as I knew the day would come with bag/luxury goods saturation. I wonder if FP is selling some of NM inventory? I saw multiples of the same designers on website for sale. I will agree that offers have been lower than in the past. I've been selling with them about 5 years. I want to downsize my SLG collection and will be sending in request for quotes later this week. I trust FP so I don't mind the haircut, but if they are low balling... then I will wait on take my business elsewhere.

Like I have a new gg marmont with tags and recipes and never used it. Would their offers be close to retail?

You have to submit the bag to FP for a quote. Understand the market right now is inundated with
high end designer bags ranging from Hermes, Chanel, LV & others.
If your bag is in excellent condition that might give you an edge, but we can't second guess what
any of these resellers will quote on bags..

The only way to know is to submit to FP for an offer. From the feedback on this forum, you know it will below retail cost. The question is by how much.

You have to submit the bag to FP for a quote. Understand the market right now is inundated with
high end designer bags ranging from Hermes, Chanel, LV & others.
If your bag is in excellent condition that might give you an edge, but we can't second guess what
any of these resellers will quote on bags..

Reactions: RT1
last week, my friend and I submitted same item with same pictures we both took for a quote. Guess what they gave different amount price range. I got a quote less than $100 for same item/ pictures we submitted. even i had sold a lot of items with fashionphile before. unlikely, my friend got $120 more and first time selling item. do you think they offer pay higher for for new user to attract them with their site.

last week, my friend and I submitted same item with same pictures we both took for a quote. Guess what they gave different amount price range. I got a quote less than $100 for same item/ pictures we submitted. even i had sold a lot of items with fashionphile before. unlikely, my friend got $120 more and first time selling item. do you think they offer pay higher for for new user to attract them with their site.

It seems to me my quotes from FP have been lower when I’ve recently made a purchase or had an item on layaway so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d give lower quotes to current customers or customers with a certain purchase history.