Selling YSL on Fashionphile

Jill0819

Sep 22, 2018
Hello! I bought the Medium Triquilt Matelasse Grain de Poudre Flap Shoulder Bag at Saks 6 months ago (retails for $2190). I am thinking about selling it because I would prefer to buy it in another color. FP offered me $1300. I was hoping for a bit higher since the bag is still new (only worn once...no really, I swear!). Does it seem like I am getting ripped off? Can you negotiate the quotes? Thank you so much!

Last edited:

angel4Love

Feb 8, 2012
California
Do you mind sharing a photo of it? I have heard that YSL does not really have a high resale value. Perhaps you can try other selling platforms like Poshmark or Mercari? A colleague was able to sell her YSL loulou Small for $1700 in Mercari.

Miss World

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
Norge
Hello! I bought the Medium Triquilt Matelasse Grain de Poudre Flap Shoulder Bag at Saks 6 months ago (retails for $2190). I am thinking about selling it because I would prefer to buy it in another color. FP offered me $1300. I was hoping for a bit higher since the bag is still new (only worn once...no really, I swear!). Does it seem like I am getting ripped off? Can you negotiate the quotes? Thank you so much!
Hi if you sell the YSL bag on yourself you will be able to get a higher price. Fashionphile cannot offer higher prices because they are a business and need to sell the bag at a higher price in order make a profit, they are a business after all. If you are not happy with the price you do not have to accept it. There might be other consignment companies or people in your area who might be able to sell it for you at a higher price. Good luck! :smile:

Jill0819

Sep 22, 2018
Hi if you sell the YSL bag on yourself you will be able to get a higher price. Fashionphile cannot offer higher prices because they are a business and need to sell the bag at a higher price in order make a profit, they are a business after all. If you are not happy with the price you do not have to accept it. There might be other consignment companies or people in your area who might be able to sell it for you at a higher price. Good luck! :smile:
I totally get that. I think I am in shock because I was never planning to sell (moment to laugh at me...), and I am doing it for the first time. I just wanted to see if that buyout price seems reasonable to you guys.

Jill0819

Sep 22, 2018
I totally get that. I think I am in shock because I was never planning to sell (moment to laugh at me...), and I am doing it for the first time. I just wanted to see if that buyout price seems reasonable to you guys. I could sell it on FB but I am kinda scared!