Selling your bags

I had no idea it was increasing that much! That's just plain ridiculous....:cursing:

ETA: I just checked out the new structure... Actually the 12% is only on the first $50; 9% on $50.01 - $1000; and 2% on $1000.01+.
But, if my calculations are right - lets say I sell a $2000 bag. The old FVF would have been $52.63.... the new FVF will be $111.50!!!

Please someone tell me I was wrong?! Then take out Paypals cut & what are you left with?!

What was the old eBay fee structure?

ETA: I looked it up. It's that increase of the 2nd tier (from 50.01 to 1,000) at 9% from 3.5% that's the killer. That more than doubles the fees.

Last edited:
That is ridiculous!!!! I am not liking any of their new rules! :cursing:

I had no idea it was increasing that much! That's just plain ridiculous....:cursing:

ETA: I just checked out the new structure... Actually the 12% is only on the first $50; 9% on $50.01 - $1000; and 2% on $1000.01+.
But, if my calculations are right - lets say I sell a $2000 bag. The old FVF would have been $52.63.... the new FVF will be $111.50!!!

Please someone tell me I was wrong?! Then take out Paypals cut & what are you left with?!

It's insane... fees increasing 2-3x I'm writing in to complain! :cursing:

What really irritates me is that sellers have been complaining about the new fee/feedback structure already and instead of making it better, they're making it worse. Unbelievable...

Why in our capitalistic society is not another entity rising up to compete with ebay!!! I have stopped accepting paypal just on principle alone. I can wait for a m.o. or a check to clear. It's just my way of -- I so want to say flipping them off (oops I just did). It's the rebel with or without a cause in me that will put my brain in gear to negotiate something fair for each side, seller and buyer.

No longer.. in order to sell you HAVE to accept an electronic payment - Paypal, Propay or credit cards through your own merchant account.

I shop a lot on ebay and I just feel better if I can pay with paypal. When I sell I also use paypal and I seem to be getting more bids that way. I hate ebay and paypal fees but sadly I don't see a way around it:shrugs: When you sell a used handbag on ebay you have to expect to take a loss on it, unless it's a sold out one buyers will rather pay full price for a new one at the store.

But still I think that selling on Ebay might be better than selling at the consigment stores. The consigment stores usually takes between 3o% or 40% of the sale price:shame: