Selling your bags and slg’s regrets?

Ugh I bought too many bags lately and am going to sell my 21S Neon Blue Medium CF as I have to save for a new apartment. I’ve never worn the bag so it’s brand new. I’ve spoken to some resellers and getting prepared to sell it at a big loss :sad:

I bought it through personal shopper Gab Waller in Australia where the cost is $10,800 AUD and now I’m guessing I’m only gonna get back 2/3s of that. Sooooo frustrating.

I’m considering if I should just hold on to it for a few more years lol and then sell… but then again, I need the money. I bought it thinking I could sell it if I changed my mind but wasn’t prepared to lose that much money on it. Next time I’ll think twice or thrice before making a new bag purchase…

Totally Agree with @TheBagLady20! I’ve been in your shoes before and I’ve sold stuff because of life—and it all works out in the end. The loss is frustrating but at least it’s not a total loss.

Reactions: CrazyCool01
I ended up selling a WOC and some SLGs. All at a loss of course. I had two WOCs and decided really one was all I needed. And just didn’t need the other SLGs anymore. Thank you all for your advice!

I sold 2 classic flaps (black and red from 2018 caviar ghw) for a mere 3500$ Early 2019 and i cannot tell you how much anxiety every price increase gives me.

i repurchased both last year but i can never forgive myself for selling them at first place.

lesson learnt ! I think twice before buying and i dont buy for reselling..
The only Chanel item I have ever sold was my black classic caviar WOC ghw ( also my first Chanel ). I had 2 WOC at that time ( 1 boy 1 classic) and thought I only needed one. Sold it in 2017, made a $200 profit but regretted my decision for years. I would pinch myself whenever I saw someone wearing the exact same classic WOC on the street :lol:

Finally bit the bullet and bought it back 2 weeks ago paying double the price :crybaby:

An expensive lesson learned. Decided never to sell any of my Chanel again even though some of them seem to just sit in my closet at the moment ( stopped using designer bags since the pandemic ).

The good thing is I can finally stop thinking about how regret I was before, and am finally at bag peace after I have bought the WOC back.:P

Have curated (bought/sold) many Chanel bags. Only one piece I regretted is reissue 225 in GHW. I didn't lose money when I sold it. And it was sold at 2800. Oh well.