Selling to "Brunei Darussalam" (Borneo)

oggers86

Dec 7, 2008
I have just sold a bag to a buyer in Borneo which is fine as I stated I will post worldwide.

It will be sent via Royal Mail International Signed For fully insured. The bag is trackable but stops being trackable from the UK site and is usually trackable through whatever postal service the other country uses (e.g. if I post to the US it is often possible to track the bag once it leaves the UK through USPS or UPS, cant remember which)

What is the postal service like in Borneo? Am I taking a risk shipping or am I protected providing I do as the above and send to the address given to me by Paypal.

I dont sell very often and usually end up selling to larger countries so just wanting to make sure I do everything I can to protect myself, even though I may be worrying unnecessarily.

Thanks!

I do not worry about shipping to Brunei Darussalam. Borneo can be part of Indonesia part of it Malaysia, and part of it is Brunei Darussalam. I used to shipped there for Sultan family member, one of the richest person in the world. Custom is more strict but never lost anything. But most likely the person who received international package will always pays Custom fee.
Oh, Brunei Darussalam is the fifth richest nation in the world.

Hi, i live in Brunei Darussalam. I'm not sure how but i think shipping from UK it's much faster and safer if it's via DHL or any courier. My experience with ASOS uk. They happen to ship via Royal Mail my order arrived a month after that. Maybe i should have use express or something. That was my first time ordering from ASOS. I don't remember which courier does Dior used when i purchase my Panarea. but that was very fast. And good thing about Brunei, there is no custom and duty tax or fee for Handbags. Yes,it's true. But of course for some other thing has tax just not bags. Hope it help. :biggrin:

Hi, i live in Brunei Darussalam. I'm not sure how but i think shipping from UK it's much faster and safer if it's via DHL or any courier. My experience with ASOS uk. They happen to ship via Royal Mail my order arrived a month after that. Maybe i should have use express or something. That was my first time ordering from ASOS. I don't remember which courier does Dior used when i purchase my Panarea. but that was very fast. And good thing about Brunei, there is no custom and duty tax or fee for Handbags. Yes,it's true. But of course for some other thing has tax just not bags. Hope it help. :biggrin:
hi daywe,

is that true that there is no custom or import duties for bags in brunei? i live in indonesia and look for country nearby to send bags that i bought from ebay. do you have also any info about custom or import duties for bags in singapore? thanks

Hi Victoria,

I'm not sure about singapore. but most country do get charge for import tax. i remembered that's what courier company told me when i asked regarding my Chanel jumbo. I called them up and ask how much is tax for my jumbo. And i was surprised he told me no tax on bags. Of course other items like shoes etc has tax but bag wasn't one of them. I bought jumbo, pst, dior, prada and more than 5 gucci and few other brand and So far zero tax.