Selling Tips for LV Bags

Hi,

I am thinking about selling two of my LV bags xxxxx because I really do not use them..I am having a hard time selling them on ebay b/c there are so many fakes that people are hesitant...The other issue with all the fakes on ebay it's hard to get your moneys worth for them when others are selling them for practically no money...Does anyone have suggestions on how I can sell my LV bags other than ebay? Any tips would be so helpful..Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Craigslist or a consignment store? But you probably won't get as much as you would get on Ebay for those bags. I've read on this forum there is a website that will authenticate the bags with a certificate or something. Maybe you could get that first before selling on Ebay to guarantee that it's authentic?

Just a gentle reminder that buying/selling/trading on tPF is PROHIBITED unless you have been approved for the MP

latinjewel77, if you check out the Shopping section, there are lots of threads on consignment stores, etc.

If you don't have high feedback (at least a hundred), I might contact a consignment shop or Fashionphile and have them sell the bag for you.

I sell on Ebay and have my usual rules for listing. I always do a 10 day listing, put a reserve that I am comfortable with. I usually do not make my reserve too high, other wise buyers lose interest in bidding, if the reserve still is not met. I always end my listings on Monday (supposedly the best day for ending!) You don't want to end it on a Friday-Sunday. (Many people are busy on weekends, and maybe some use auctionsniper, but not all!) Also, end it in the evening. 8-9 p.m. PST is usually best.

TAKE great pictures!! THis will distinguish you from counterfeits. I use photo bucket and usually take 8-12 pictures from every angle. Insert them as HTML, and you don't pay for extra on Ebay. Do close ups of hardware, Made in, and date codes. I also offer 200% guarantee on authenticity.

If you contact mypoupette or Caroldiva.com, they will authenticate for you. You can put this in your listing for the potential buyers to verify with them. There fees are just $5.00.

Gee..I hope this helps..You can PM me if you have more questions

If you don't have high feedback (at least a hundred), I might contact a consignment shop or Fashionphile and have them sell the bag for you.

I sell on Ebay and have my usual rules for listing. I always do a 10 day listing, put a reserve that I am comfortable with. I usually do not make my reserve too high, other wise buyers lose interest in bidding, if the reserve still is not met. I always end my listings on Monday (supposedly the best day for ending!) You don't want to end it on a Friday-Sunday. (Many people are busy on weekends, and maybe some use auctionsniper, but not all!) Also, end it in the evening. 8-9 p.m. PST is usually best.

TAKE great pictures!! THis will distinguish you from counterfeits. I use photo bucket and usually take 8-12 pictures from every angle. Insert them as HTML, and you don't pay for extra on Ebay. Do close ups of hardware, Made in, and date codes. I also offer 200% guarantee on authenticity.

If you contact mypoupette or Caroldiva.com, they will authenticate for you. You can put this in your listing for the potential buyers to verify with them. There fees are just $5.00.

Great tips! Thanks!

What she said!! ^^^^

1) Also, if you can, mark your photos so they cant be stolen.
2) You have to make them look good, so if its a speedy etc, stuff it full so its not flat and saggy.

3) And, the location of your bags in the photos is important. If you have a nice spot to take the photos, take them there. Maybe you have a nice view from your kitchen window, etc (Can't help but think of LVMode's mouthwatering photos...LOL)

4) Clean the bags before photographing. People do not want to bid on a bag that has strings of your hair and dirt resting on the surface.

5) Details. Where did your purchase? Receipt? Refund policy? ACCURATE description? Are you asking a fair price? (Check completed listings)

You would get the most $$$ from ebay, anywhere else would be likely far less! Good Luck. Be sure to take plenty of clear, large photos. If you have no feedback as a seller, you may want to have a LV reseller sell it for you, one of these sellers that so many have been pleased with is Ebay seller fashionphile; however, there are several on Ebay which do a great job !