Selling them all... "handbag boredom"

Minkette

Bags are my comfort… and my child’s snack holder.
Dec 22, 2013
Has anyone looked at their handbag collection recently and thought... I think I want to sell them all!!!

... and start a new downsized collection!

I am just curious as to what handbags you have become "bored" with and what have you done as a result?!

Thanks!

Wow, thats a really strong feeling. Do you think you'll miss any of them if they are all sold away?
I would miss a few... I could see myself keeping three of my 12 or so bags... I just have so many I don't use (primarily the smaller ones like my smaller Minkoff bags)... I see them everyday and I feel like they are staring back at me from their dust bags with disdain...

Also, when I come across a new bag I want, I feel incredibly guilty buying it. The guilt is even worse when my husband says... "ummm... is that ANOTHER new bag...!?!?!"

Maybe sell the ones you know you want to sell. Then re-evaluate? That way you don't sell something and then want it back again.

ETA: I sold the ones I got bored of or gave them away. But I made sure I wouldn't want them back after, otherwise I'd be spending more money to get them back.

I think it happens to all of us. Not really bored with our collection but asking ouselves questions, like "do I really need all that?", " shouldn't I get rid of several of them and buy just one or two that will be certainly more expensive but handcrafted and durable?"
Sometimes, I look at my bags and think " I should have bought ten Longchamp Le Pliage in different sizes and colours, they would have made me as happy...."......

Your house is on fire!! Your family is safe and your irreplaceable documents and valuables too... quick, you have 2 minutes to pick literally a fistful of bags (shoes, clothes) before the roof collapses on you.

Did that help? :graucho:

Is it boredom or natural progression? Tastes change, needs change. Do your present handbags reflect where you are in your life now? Those that do will be the ones you keep. The others can go toward funding new bags that will suit your needs now. Whatever you decide will be the right decision for you.

Hmmm... I wouldn't say I got bored with it as it is new, but realized the leather bag felt heavy after I filled it with my essentials, and I have gotten used to carrying lighter bags like my LV canvas, Longchamps, clutches, ect so I decided to part with the one & it's listed on eBay right now, but this is the only one that needs to go, I would never want to part with any of my other babies ;)

GL in your handbag collection editing, but as a few others mentioned just make sure before letting any of them go, so you have no regrets later on.

I had a somewhat similar thought recently; I felt like I have twice as many bags as I need and I should just go through and cull half of them. So I tried them all on...and came to the conclusion that I still love almost all of them :cray: I'm probably going to sell a couple bags that are very similar to others I have, but apparently serious downsizing is just not happening right now.

Like others have said, make sure you really won't miss the bags you get rid of! Having to stalk ebay to find a long-lost bag is awful, lol. Maybe hide your non-essential bags for a while and see if you miss them in a month.