selling on bonanza

Aug 22, 2010
Occoquan, VA
I just sold an item on bonanza but this is only the 2nd time I've sold on bonanza so I just have a question. The total sale price was $201 for a bag. They are a new user just today but I don't think that's weird that's how my first purchase was on bonanza. My question is this they paid via paypal with an unconfirmed address so I'm only "partially covered (item not received only)". Should I proceed? What does bonanza do to protect sellers. If I ship I will ship via USPS priority dc and signature confirmation. According to paypal they've been a member for 6 years and are verified premier. They suggest I contact them to verify the purchase. So I emailed the buyer's email in the paypal transaction.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
Unconfirmed just means that the shipping address isn't the same as the credit card billing address. She could have moved and not updated her information, she might be a student and use her school address for the shipping address, she might be buying it and having it shipped to someone else.....

There are many reasons why the address is unconfirmed. The fact that she's verified and a long-time member is good.

All you need to show for selling protection for INR is d.c. but you can purchase insurance if you can't afford to reimburse should the package disappear. You don't need s.c. and it wouldn't help you in a dispute since you only need to show delivery.

Aug 22, 2010
Occoquan, VA
Thanks for the response I knew you'd have the answer. I ended up communicating with the buyer and they agreed to resend payment with a confirmed address. They looked at the addresses and it had something to do with the apt number. Paypal said since it was unconfirmed I wasn't protected against chargebacks/unauthorized use. So I just politely explained that I would feel more comfortable if we could just redo the transaction. They agreed so it all worked out.

The only thing is bonanza doesn't make it easy to just cancel a transaction which is kinda annoying. I think you have to wait a week or something. My first sale had an address issue in which we had to redo the transaction. I like the fee savings but the site could use some streamlining.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
Thanks for the response I knew you'd have the answer. I ended up communicating with the buyer and they agreed to resend payment with a confirmed address. They looked at the addresses and it had something to do with the apt number. Paypal said since it was unconfirmed I wasn't protected against chargebacks/unauthorized use. So I just politely explained that I would feel more comfortable if we could just redo the transaction. They agreed so it all worked out.

The only thing is bonanza doesn't make it easy to just cancel a transaction which is kinda annoying. I think you have to wait a week or something. My first sale had an address issue in which we had to redo the transaction. I like the fee savings but the site could use some streamlining.
You don't have to cancel the transaction on Bonz. Just refund the paypal payment and she'll repay again. The transaction number will change but it's not necessary to cancel the transaction if she's going to follow through.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
How do you pay your balance...I sold something in nov and I keep checking to pay and it says I have a balance but that my account isn't past due.
go to your "my Bonanza." On the left side of the page under My Account, scroll down and click "fees owed."

At the top of the page, there should be a "make a payment" button if you owe money. Click and you can pay with Google or Paypal.