Selling off non-H bags?

Eric, another thing I did when I started selling off my bags is I sold the ones that can be replaced first (just in case, so I have an option of replacing them if I miss the too much). Also, the ones I've put on eBay, I put in their dust bags and sealed them in boxes right away (out of sight out of mind :idea: ). Needless to say, so far NO REGRETS! Good luck!

i can't do it....it's hard for me to let go of anything. i remember exactly where and when i bought everything or what was given to me. i did sell off a bunch of my bags about 5 yrs ago on ebay and i'm still regretting it to this day!

I love bags and variety too much to part with my collection. I love my H bags but still love many others and rotate them often. I've pared the collection but it's still pretty large. *sigh*

Like most of you, I have sold off most of my LV and Chanel collection. Am down to a couple choice pieces. I think it is well worth it! Even my DH tells me to stop buying other brands and just buy Hermes!

I've been considering this very thing too. The one thing keeping me from selling my LVs (I only have 2, a Monceau and a small Ribera) is that the canvas is virtually indestructible and I can carry them in the rain plus they are different sizes from my H bags. As for my Chanels the quilted classic handbags can be carried on my shoulder with the chain-link strap, a different look from my Kelly with its strap on my shoulder. My Chanel tote with caviar leather is currently my work-horse bag right now until I get a Birkin and it has been holding up very well and the leather doesn't scratch at all. I believe my non-H bags have a place in my wardrobe and would still use them occasionally. My collection of handbags is actually quite small compared to some of the lucky ladies on here. In my opinion, if there are certain bags that you completely don't use, then you should sell them so some other tPFers from the other brand forums can enjoy them.

Eric - sell, sell, sell!!! I think I sold almost everything, with just a few pieces to go! You can always get these bags again, if you really wanted them.

Funny, I have a prada just like your green one! I just bought it (at a great discount) and will use as a carryon/laptop bag for travel. I don't want to use my birkin for that (until I have a collection of many)!!!

Good luck!

Eric - I love your decor, wherever it is!

Decor is at home. An 1880s house in Malaysia. The chair is what antique dealers call a 'marriage' - not all of it is original - some parts of it old, some new. In fact, it's only a third of what was originally there.

Have told a few friends that I am selling the bags I posted earlier. Don't have an eBAY account. Don't know how to create one nor do I have the time - what with hecking out this forum a gazillion times a day. Will take the money and buy another Garden Party, Evelyne or Herbag Cabas GM.

Eric, I keep asking myself the same question:idea: . So far I have not sold one LV, I can't bring myself to ...yet. I sold my Chanel re-issue and a chloe paddington, that is all. I don't think I can deal with the headache of it, but I wish I had the $$$ for the Violette Ostrich Birkin that was offered to me yesterday.:hysteric:

I am selling the Prada because it doesn't hold it's shape as well as I thought. If you're a bit crazy like me and you put just about everything(wallet, chequebook, phone, laptop, several pairs of glasses, keys, ipod, ciggies, water bottle) in your bag, my personal advise is that you try to have it returned if possible. The leather next to the zipper turns all wrinkled and bubbled rather quickly. And I noticed tha the leather was rather thin. And unlike the Hermes Omnibus with has protective corner leather patches, this prada has the tendency to slouch - unacceptable for a bag that was designed to look rigid.

To me, the ultimate workbag is the Garden Party. Pity it doesn't close properly - hint hint to the BH to get me a Valparaiso! Lordy...see what Hermes does to you? It makes you turn your back on everything else.

Eric - sell, sell, sell!!! I think I sold almost everything, with just a few pieces to go! You can always get these bags again, if you really wanted them.

Funny, I have a prada just like your green one! I just bought it (at a great discount) and will use as a carryon/laptop bag for travel. I don't want to use my birkin for that (until I have a collection of many)!!!

Good luck!